Apparently, I'm a "bad influence" :)

Started by Alvis 3.14159, March 12, 2014, 01:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

beautiful floatplanization!

I tried a 1/32 P-26 in single float, but this one has a more elaborate finish
(except maybe for the bomb release path, as was mentioned ?  ;) )

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on March 12, 2014, 12:59:55 PM

Now all you have to do is get him to do it in the gentleman's scale (1/72) and post pictures.  :wacko:

Have you tried to build a Peashooter in the one true scale???? It's damm near on impossible!! Although I was only 12 at the time I built it I think....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Another beauty ! I have the 72nd scale version that I plan on doing with floats. I was thinking of an early monoplane cat launched bird for the USN.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

major

As they would say in certain parts of this Island, 'Jaysus lad's, dat's pure class!' :thumbsup:
Cheers... Ray

kerick

Quote from: ericr on March 12, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

All this needs is yellow wings and red and white striped rudder!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Ed S

Excellent work Alvin.  And your friend did an excellent model too.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

The Rat

Yes, Alvis, you are a bad influence, and a naughty boy. Now go to your room, and turn out more wondrous creations!  :bow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

JayBee

Quote from: lancer on March 12, 2014, 03:17:44 PM

Now all you have to do is get him to do it in the gentleman's scale (1/72) and post pictures.  :wacko:

Have you tried to build a Peashooter in the one true scale???? It's damm near on impossible!! Although I was only 12 at the time I built it I think....

Not only tried, but succeeded.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Father Ennis

Yep, you are a very bad influence ,indeed !!!   In penance, the good father says you have to build a kit OOB.   :banghead:

ericr

Quote from: kerick on March 12, 2014, 04:56:31 PM
Quote from: ericr on March 12, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

All this needs is yellow wings and red and white striped rudder!

primary colors, what else?  ;D

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on March 13, 2014, 03:20:03 AM
Quote from: lancer on March 12, 2014, 03:17:44 PM

Not only tried, but succeeded.

Why am I not surprised.....

Alvis 3.14159

Something that would make a fun write-up would be the "missing month" that the P-26 spent rattling around nort of Oz. It could have been flown by Brits, Americans, Dutch, maybe even Kiwis before it wound up in Darwin. When did it get painted Blue/Grey? Did it ever sport red outlined US stars? Was it ever onboard an RN or RAN vessel?
What was it's fate? I didn't write that in, I ALWAYS do that. That's what happens when you write up a fake history at 3 AM, you sometimes leave out the really juicy bits!

I'll have to consult with Mark 2 on what fate befell the lil spud. Maybe it's in a private museum, deep beneath Mount Saint Helens, in Washington State...uh oh...

:)

Alvis Pi

zenrat

On the large size scale wise but very nice nonetheless.  Good job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..