kit mash up

Started by darthspud, March 13, 2014, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud

Mods, if this is in wrong area please move as you see fit.

I had a 'light-bulb' moment a few days ago
How did they train the Angel interceptor pilots?

Well, long story short, I've got an angel interceptor(thanks to CC for the airfix points btw) and a Bobkit/Heller Harrier T4 in the stash.
I'm thinking about attaching the front end of the Harrier to the angel interceptor.
Might need a bit of filler here and there.
Any thoughts from you guys?
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

kerick

A two seater would be a great idea!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

darthspud

Just a tad unsure about 'donating' the t-bird. It's a rareish kit and some might call it sacreligious to use it for a sci-fi whif.

not me, but some
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

McColm

You could use the tail on another project,go for it.

Captain Canada

Sounds like a plan to me ! But more so, what are you going to do with the leftover Harrier bits ?

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

major

How did they train the Angel interceptor pilots?

Think they may have had simulators!
Would love to see a two seater though, although, would a SEPECAT Jaguar forward fuselage be more suitable, or, BAE Hawk?
Cheers... Ray

The Wooksta!

Dornier Alphajet would probably be best, especially if you can get a cheap Matchbox one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

Wasn't the Angel Inerceptor based on an F-5 kit? In that case you need a 2-seat F-5 nose to play with.

An Alphajet would work well too, as Wooksta says.

Diamondback

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2014, 05:21:42 PM
Wasn't the Angel Inerceptor based on an F-5 kit? In that case you need a 2-seat F-5 nose to play with.

An Alphajet would work well too, as Wooksta says.
In other words, a T-38? :p :D

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: darthspud on March 13, 2014, 10:23:28 AM
Just a tad unsure about 'donating' the t-bird. It's a rareish kit and some might call it sacreligious to use it for a sci-fi whif.

not me, but some

It's just a kit, some pieces of plastic. The good idea IMHO is worth more than this - I never understood the idea or perception of IP kits as speculation objects.

martinbayer

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2014, 05:21:42 PM

You may be thinking of the WASP Arrowhead from Stingray:

http://www.starshipmodeler.info/gallery5/dw_arrow.htm

http://worldinminiature.blogspot.com/2009/05/recently-completedwasp-arrowhead-sf.html

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Captain Canada

Wow that second one is a beautiful piece of modeling !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

You could try the Canopy from an old Airfix Gnat, you might need to widen the cockpit a tad,
But when I tried it, it looked reasonable :thumbsup:
You'll need to cut the rear of the Angel Interceptors  spine down as well :o

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

chiglet

Neil at IPMS Manchester had a two seat angel at Telford.  At the club meet I had to look twice.... :mellow:
Will try and post