Boeing Pleione C.Mk.1

Started by Knightflyer, March 14, 2014, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Here you go - refound photobucket  :o wonders never cease

ps thanks to Captain Canada for helping me out to find the correct way of uploading
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Captain Canada

Oooh nice !

When you hit the 'get links' button, select the last one, it's an .img code. Paste it here and voila !

Hope to see some more !

:wub: :tornado: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

A "lightning bolt" always looks great.  Well done.

Hey wouldn't a few of those with a drouge been a lot cheaper than the RAF tanker lease?  :wacko:   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 14, 2014, 11:41:00 AM
A "lightning bolt" always looks great.  Well done.

Hey wouldn't a few of those with a drouge been a lot cheaper than the RAF tanker lease?  :wacko:   

Probably not as they'd have cost dollars, and at least the cost of the Voyager's wings comes back to UK.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2014, 02:36:09 PM
Probably not as they'd have cost dollars, and at least the cost of the Voyager's wings comes back to UK.

Well Rolls-Royce would have been happy - an imagine a world where the bean counters for the RAF took BA's approach to buying British / European ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 15, 2014, 04:31:12 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2014, 02:36:09 PM

Well Rolls-Royce would have been happy - an imagine a world where the bean counters for the RAF took BA's approach to buying British / European ?

They are anyway as the Voyagers have R-R Trent engines.

But the RAF's heading the BA way anyway, what with C-17s, F-35s, RC-135s etc. etc.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 15, 2014, 05:33:13 AM
But the RAF's heading the BA way anyway, what with C-17s, F-35s, RC-135s etc. etc.

Mmm....so with Westland being part Italian now does that make the Hawk the last 'All-British' aircraft in the RAF?

PS ....no-one has queried the Pleione's name ...either we're all classically educated, or no-one gives a  :banghead:  ;D

Leading Observer

Greek Goddess protecting sailors?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rheged

Quote from: Leading Observer on March 15, 2014, 11:05:42 AM

Either that or a rather nice orchid.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 15, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
PS ....no-one has queried the Pleione's name ...either we're all classically educated, or no-one gives a  :banghead:  ;D

Or perhaps we're still trying to pronounce it?  ;D

Didn't she marry Titan?

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 15, 2014, 01:04:14 PM
Or perhaps we're still trying to pronounce it?  ;D

True ..... I must admit that I don't know! I say (in my head at least) Plea-o-knee!  ;D

Quote from: Rheged on March 15, 2014, 12:03:43 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on March 15, 2014, 11:05:42 AM

Correct deity, and the orchid was named after her (not a lot of people know that ...or care!) ... :blink:

The reason I chose it for the name of the aircraft type, (which is seeming more and more obtuse! :-\) is I was thinking the individual aircraft might be named after her daughters...who were better known as the SEVEN sisters, and what model of Boeing is it? (maybe I should have just gone with Boeing Septimus!)

Quote from: Rheged on March 15, 2014, 12:03:43 PM

As a side thought....how many aircraft are named after flowers ??? De Havilland Daffodil anyone ?

Rheged

As a side thought....how many aircraft are named after flowers,    De Havilland Daffodil anyone ?

There's this one for a start!!

Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka (櫻花) "cherry blossom"; the rocket powered human-guided anti-shipping kamikaze attack plane.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Knightflyer

Quote from: Rheged on March 15, 2014, 02:46:29 PM
Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka (櫻花) "cherry blossom"; the rocket powered human-guided anti-shipping kamikaze attack plane.

I had remembered that one  ;) any more though? Douglas Daisy, Supermarine Sunflower perhaps  ;D

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 15, 2014, 05:33:13 AM

Something oft overlooked in the whif world.....large, modern UK designed and built transports...either civil or RAF. Had a few thoughts on the subject but it's so hard to differentiate between Boeing/ Airbus already how do you modify either to look more 'British' ?

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?