Main Menu

First FTL ship

Started by Mr Ten, March 16, 2014, 01:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Straws ! Good idea ! I use styrene tube, as I just use model glue.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

This is looking great, I'll be watching this one!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mr Ten

So here is the next step....  ;) (as i've lost :unsure: thr SD card containing intermediate pics :angry:)

And the big shock !

Well, i must admit this resembles to...  :unsure: More or less... nothing !! :lol:
But it's a matter of time, work, and faith ! ;D

A pic with some building explanation :

There's also a lot of miliput..., a lot of sanding, a 1/72 hasegawa panther mantlet (but where ! :lol:)  and still more plasticard ! :rolleyes:

kerick

Nice big warp field projectors! Or whatever...
Cool! :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Heh - like the direction this is going in... :thumbsup:

The Panther mantlet is on the back of the upper "fin".

I've got a 1/32nd Revell Hueycobra too, with no interior or weapons now, and I've thought several times about chopping it up into something sci-fi.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

VickersVandal

Fantastic!

Love the arms - assume they're field generators  :mellow:
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Old Wombat

Interesting asymmetry on the "arms".

Who said it has to resemble anything? It's sci-fi, it only has to resemble itself! :thumbsup:

I really should get back to my build for the Starship Modelers Spacefighters II GB from................ ca. 2010/11!? :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mr Ten

After a avery long building, the Alcubierre has leaved the space docks a few days ago... <_<

And now, she is ready for the first tests ! ;D

The upper arm homes the grasers and the gravitic entanglement projectors, and the lower arm emits from a round metallic plate a huge flux of dark matter particles to create a black hole just in front of the ship.... ;D
So, the space contracts... But it's just the beginning of the experiment !!! :lol:

TallEng

That's brilliant :thumbsup:
And fantastic painting too.  :bow:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Wooksta!

Very Chris Foss or Peter Elson.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Looks like a space crustacean to me, great work
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

that is really nice.

Great finish

zenrat

Man, that is awesome.
And the paint...

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 06, 2014, 04:43:37 AM
Ditto.

How big is it (the model I mean)?
I can get no sense of size from your pics.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Very, very good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Has that botched-up look (the concept, not the model!) that testbeds have, a freighter or such with stuff banged on because it's what was available at the time.

Great stuff!
:party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 06, 2014, 04:43:37 AM

Who created many of the covers of my solid teenage diet of Sci Fi paperbacks.
Which inspired me to knock this up...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..