Revell 1/72 Flitzer

Started by MichelC, March 20, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelC

Quote from: matrixone on May 09, 2016, 02:11:10 PM
Michel,
Depending on which book you look at certain details of the Luft'46 designs (like the names of them) can vary widely. I can't remember which book I read that said 'Flitzer' meant the same thing as madcap.

Matrixone

Yeah, I know. Then there are as many references saying that the madcap thing is a wrong translation. And Dizzyfugu who has German as a mother language concurs.  :thumbsup:

M

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MichelC on May 10, 2016, 06:36:13 AM

Good. So now we now what he does when he's not at the bench!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

M

Wa'dya mean, when's NOT has his bench?

Dizzy must LIVE at his model bench the rate he churns them out!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

MichelC

After endless re-scribing sessions, I've finally reached the holding-the-model-at-arms's-length-and-running-around-the-room-making-funny-noises-with-your-mouth stage!

M

:party:

Tophe

Good! :thumbsup: (so the Flitzer does exist)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

MichelC

Last pit details: seat and head armor.

I used the Airwaves aftermarket seat for this build but it might as well have been made for another kit! Way to big! Both seat and back had to be cut down to size.

The seatbelts are from Amizukuri. Those are made of kraft paper and have a big advantage over PE belts: they can be shaped easily by wetting them and will keep their shape once dry.

Stick from the spare box as I didn't like the one from the kit.

Head armor and canopy opening mechanism made from soda can aluminum.

Next, getting the Flitzer up to speed. We'll make a real 'dasher' out of her yet!

I used the boosters from the second Katsuodori kit and modified them to make them look more like Schmidding rockets as the ones used for the Ba 349: rounded head changed into a flat one; straps made from alu tape; exhaust cut shorter; bulge added at the base of the exhausts made from epoxy filler.

Next: painting.

M

Captain Canada

Quote from: MichelC on May 22, 2016, 09:25:18 AM
I've finally reached the holding-the-model-at-arms's-length-and-running-around-the-room-making-funny-noises-with-your-mouth stage!

Best stage ever ! That's half the battle for me of weather or not to build a model flying or on it's feet, wether or not I want to take off and land, or go fly a mission  :thumbsup:

The model and details are looking great ! What a cool looking bird.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

Yes - nice workmanship for sure

nice innovation

Dizzyfugu

Nice! Has something Star Wars-ish about it, now.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 05, 2016, 06:17:49 AM
Quote from: MichelC on May 22, 2016, 09:25:18 AM
I've finally reached the holding-the-model-at-arms's-length-and-running-around-the-room-making-funny-noises-with-your-mouth stage!

Best stage ever ! That's half the battle for me of weather or not to build a model flying or on it's feet, wether or not I want to take off and land, or go fly a mission  :thumbsup:...

I've never thought about taking off and landing.  I just fly them round the shed.  I'm going to have to clear a runway now.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..