Revell 1/72 Flitzer

Started by MichelC, March 20, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelC

Markings were painted using masks.

The masks I used come from Miracle Masks.

M

bearmatt

Nice one!

Do you have some link to these miracle masks...?
The carpet monster took it!

dumaniac

bearmatt

Thanks a lot! That seems to be a very useful link!  :thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

Dizzyfugu

The three/four color cammo looks interesting - reminds a little of the USAF SEA scheme? Nice work.  :thumbsup:

MichelC

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 08, 2016, 03:43:26 AM
The three/four color cammo looks interesting - reminds a little of the USAF SEA scheme? Nice work.  :thumbsup:

My inspiration comes once more from one of Peter Allen's schemes. Specifically the center one of the 3 Flitzers:

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=610

BTW does anyone know whatever happened with his site: flitzerart.com? The link is defunct. I get his profiles from Aeroscale where he goes by the pseudo 'Flitzer' (how interesting!) but I'm not sure he's still active on that forum. Does anyone know what he's up to these days and where his profiles and art can be downloaded wholesale (for free or for fee)?

M

MichelC

Stencils and stuff are on!

The fuel stencils have been relocated to their correct positions. Historical accuracy is everything in (whatif) modeling!   ;D

M

Captain Canada

Very nice. Love the mix of colours.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dumaniac

aye aye Captain - I agree wholeheartedly

DogfighterZen

Looking very good, that camo is brilliant! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"