1966 Batmobile

Started by zenrat, March 20, 2014, 10:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

What if Batman, needing a bit of space in the Batcave when he moves up to a newer model ships the Lincoln Futura based Barris car off to his cousin Wayne Bruce in Melbourne?
Wayne would obviously modify his new ride for local conditions and go street racing.
A big & little wheel/tyre combo would be needed...

...as would right hand drive and an ash tray (holy smokes Batman!)...

...losing the heavy crime fighting gear from the boot...

...and replacing the turbine with a Ford Cammer running dual quads.

This is the Polar Lights 1/25 glue kit (standard not deluxe) with wheels and tyres from my parts boxes and the engine from the AMT '66 Ford Galaxie.
RHD conversion is done with razor saw, glue & filler.
Paint is probably Zero Paints but it was a while ago and i'm not sure.
Orange stripes are a combination of kit decals (which don't fit properly) with the gaps touched in with colour matched acrylic (orange + light gull grey if anyone's interested).

I have in my stash a deluxe kit (this plus PE, figures and extra parts to make every version of the Batmobile used in the TV show) which I will build stock (yeah, boring I know but it has to be done) and another standard kit which will become the Bat-ute.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

How did I miss this ? Super build
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

TallEng

Ooh! Batmobile :wub:
Looking forward to the Ute (Pick up truck)
Good job :thumbsup:
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Which company did the Batmobile before Polar Lights did it? I remember building one a zillion years ago, but can't for the life if me remember who's box it was in.

The use of the Ford Cammer engine is a stroke of genius, a nice looking motor superbly built.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Fred

Weaver

It looks fantastic!  :thumbsup:

So did Polar Lights scan it and scale it up from the 1/32nd original?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Hm, I thought the one I did was in 1/24 and I don't recognise the Aurora box either. IIRC the car on the box lid that I did was bursting out of the Batcave, with oodles of smoke and flames behind it too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's pretty much exactly how I rememeber it.  :thumbsup:

I wonder if my umpteen year old brain cross-wobbled a Corgi box with an Aurora one? I'm still pretty sure it was 1/24 though, it was around 10" - 12" long I think.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The Polar Lights kit is the first time a 1966 Batmobile has been kitted in 1/24 o5 1/25.
Previously if you wanted one in this scale you modified a Futura.  There may have been conversion kits available.
I haven't seen an Aurora kit but I suspect it is a kerbside and that Polar Lights tooled up a completely new kit.
I have one of the corgi cars.  It's a well played with example which i'll restore using parts from the internet.
Fred

JayBee

OK guys the answer to this is it is a new mould.

I e-mailed Round2 Models who are the kits producers and this is the answer I got.

Hi James,

We produced this kit under Polar Lights. It was a brand new tool created by us.

Doug Ridge
Customer Service
Round 2, LLC
4073 Meghan Beeler Ct
South Bend, IN 46628
1-888-910-2889

I also have to say that their response was very quick. I sent the query this morning (In Scotland) and the answer is back mid-afternoon.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!