Hawker Siddeley/Tupolev Chancellor (M)R.Mk.1

Started by Knightflyer, April 09, 2014, 06:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 10, 2014, 07:15:15 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on April 10, 2014, 05:47:02 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 10, 2014, 05:33:31 AM
Hello!  :thumbsup:

Hello ? :unsure:

I think you need to remember one of the late Dick Emery's characters ?

Blimey, that's taking me back a bit ....how do you know I was old enough!? ;)

Well I was half thinking of (was it?) Terry Thomas......maybe I was waiting for the 'Ding-Dong! afterwards!  ;D It was either that or I was wondering if the hello was going be followed by a secret handshake!  ;)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

kitbasher

Quote from: Knightflyer on April 10, 2014, 08:24:16 AM

Well I was half thinking of (was it?) Terry Thomas......maybe I was waiting for the 'Ding-Dong! afterwards!  ;D It was either that or I was wondering if the hello was going be followed by a secret handshake!  ;)

Leslie Phillips was in mind at the time, actually.  ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Looks great in that colour scheme - nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Knightflyer

Thanks to everyone for your positive comments regarding the HaST Chancellor (it is not a Bear!  ;) ) In someways I feel I've 'arrived' with this model, and the feedback and suggestions (the positive ones anyway!  ;) ) have helped me to achieve the good model you see above

Thanks especially to Dizzyfugu (and NARSES2 - just beaten to the post!) for the 'nomination' on the "Your chance to sway the Whiffies" thread - I was reet chuffed! ;D

Relating to something NARSES2 said on the Cosford Show thread - no comments on 'Chancellor' (and how it 'fits' with Shackleton) for the name of the aircraft?

Avro Chancellor would have been nice, but they'd been absorbed into Hawker Siddeley by 1968.

I did consider 'Westland Willoughby' for the right-sounding alliteration, but couldn't see how I could really involve a helicopter manufacturer in this 'shaggy' bear story.

Anybody else sad enough to remember the two names and their connection with Russia from history lessons in school? :unsure:

And finally! .......

Quote from: kitbasher on April 10, 2014, 10:44:28 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on April 10, 2014, 08:24:16 AM

Leslie Phillips was in mind at the time, actually.  ;D

That's the person!  ;D Terry Thomas was the 'gap-toothed' cad/bounder in "Those Magnificent Men in their....." Leslie Phillips was in the "Doctor" films with Dirk Bogarde ?   They don't make 'em like that anymore!  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on April 12, 2014, 05:37:31 AM

Anybody else sad enough to remember the two names and their connection with Russia from history lessons in school? :unsure:

Shakleton went to the Murmansk area in 1918 with the British Intervention Force (read a biography a few years ago)  and wasn't Chancellor the first Englishman to go to Russia via the North Cape ? Something from having various dinners in the Baltic Exchange (old and new) rings a bell. That it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

That's him ....looking for the North-East Passage! I didn't realise about Shackleton though in Murmansk, makes it even a better fit  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2014, 06:08:33 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on April 12, 2014, 05:37:31 AM

Shakleton went to the Murmansk area in 1918 with the British Intervention Force (read a biography a few years ago)  and wasn't Chancellor the first Englishman to go to Russia via the North Cape ? Something from having various dinners in the Baltic Exchange (old and new) rings a bell. That it ?

Finally remembered where I remembered those two bits of information from  ;D

The biography was a set read prior to a one month residential management course must be 20 years ago or more now. I suppose how to manage a disaster was ideal for British Steel (as it then was)

The Baltic Exchange bit must be almost 45 years ago  :blink: When I was taking my then professional exams the evening classes were in the old Baltic Exchange building (the one that was blown up) and there was loads of fascinating stuff hanging on walls etc. Plus the pub we used round the corner had a load of stuff as well. Have to see if that escaped the bombing and is still there one day  :cheers:

buzzbomb

Have I said that I really like this ?

Just in case.. I really like this  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Knightflyer

Quote from: buzzbomb on April 16, 2014, 07:48:40 PM
Have I said that I really like this ?

Just in case.. I really like this  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why thank-you Sir  ;D Trouble is I'm getting itchy fingers to do the next one when I have loads of real-world (and other whiffs) to do before it  :-\

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

chrisonord

That looks brilliant, and looks very plausible in that colour scheme  :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!