On a Japanese theme

Started by Bungle, April 14, 2014, 04:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

No back stories with these four, SHMBO has deemed it necessary that I start reducing the stash so four quick builds.

First offering is a Heinkel He-162 going the same way as the me-163 / Mitsubishi J8M (Shusui)

The Kawanishi J8K1 'Hanzaki'

Undercarriage is a little frail on this old Frog kit...

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Two Zero exports to the Axis countries...

A Jo-Han and Airfix (1st mould)

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Finally am aircraft so weird it had to be Japanese...

The Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender  or Rickugun Ki-204

'tis the MPM horror show !

sandiego89

Impressive results from some rather basic/old kits.  Like the Hanzaki especially. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

Love the IJN Ascender (IMHO worth a Whiffies nomination!)

Concerning the He 162, there seems to have been serious exchange with Germany about this simple aircraft in Japanese service. I'd guess that this is not as whiffy as it seems!

NARSES2

All good, but I love the Italian Zero and the Assender looks more at home in Meatballs then it does in Stars and Bars
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Didn't realise how shocking these models look with hi-res picture formats. You can see all the blemishes that you can't see when looking at the actual model on the shelf.

Either that or I need new glasses or less alcohol. Might just settle for new glasses OF alcohol ! :cheers:

Another Zero on old Tamiya that I'd lost the canopy off of (damn you Carpet Monster haven't you eaten enough).  New Canopy out of the spares box.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

pyro-manic

All good stuff, but my favourite is the Italian Zero. That just looks so "right". :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Gondor

Quote from: Bungle on April 14, 2014, 04:32:29 AM
SHMBO has deemed it necessary that I start reducing the stash so four quick builds.

Don't you just love women! We chase them until they catch us then we do what they want so we get an easy life  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lancer

Some damm good builds there. I like the FAA zero best though, that new canopy sets it off very nicely
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on April 14, 2014, 04:32:29 AM
SHMBO has deemed it necessary that I start reducing the stash so four quick builds.

Which rather begs the question 'Does a stash continue to be a stash once it's been built'?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice work ! Love the first two zeros.....for sure ! Nice to nag off some quick builds eh ? And nice addition of the third Zero. Sure changes the look of the old girl when you add an F-86 canopy !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 14, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

Which rather begs the question 'Does a stash continue to be a stash once it's been built'?

Sadly all my builds are photographed and with the exception of a few stored in a box and dated. 12 months on the box is disposed of without opening (because I'd weaken).

SWMBO doesn't like my dirty little habit and certainly doesn't want me displaying them anywhere where anyone could see them / distract them from viewing her Swarovski collection. Then, of course, there's her collection of shoes, 89 pairs at the last count, do I sound bitter ??

comrade harps

Good to see I'm not the only one trading Axis types between Japan, Germany and Italy. Welcome to my kind of whiffing craziness!  :thumbsup:
Whatever.