Academy/Hobbycraft kit finished (caution RW)

Started by matrixone, April 16, 2014, 11:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here are some pics of the first new build of the year from me, its the Academy boxing of the Hobbycraft 1/48 scale Bf 109G-6.

This is the first Hobbycraft kit I have ever built and did not find it that hard to put together but to be honest certain parts of the kit were not of brilliant design...the worst part for me was the canopy as it was undersized and no way to fix it except by replacing it. :angry:

Anyway...here are some pictures.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

So folks say the Hobbycraft kits are a bit ordinary, compared to other brands.  But, geees, that is a really nice build.  And great pics too.

matrixone

Thank you NARSES2 and dumaniac! ;D

dumaniac,
Some have questioned me before as to why I waste time and effort on some of these old kits, my response to this is every single one of the kits I purchased was intended to be built...even the really bad ones. For every new kit I build I build one old kit along with it, sure its not too much fun at times but its a good way to thin out the forgotten kit stash. :thumbsup:

Matrixone

dumaniac

Hi Matrixone

your comments are so true

let's face it - if all the kits were a shake-and-bake, there would be little fun in the hobby - we might as well purchase diecast models

even if we ignore the detail flaws in these Hobbycraft kits, your paintwork and pics are fabulous and really brings out the best skills of our hobby

cheers

Bernie

Captain Canada

Nice work as always ! Looks very real in a few of the pics.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks again Bernie and thank you Captain Canada!

Matrixone