MPC Titan III and X-20 Dyna-Soar

Started by sagallacci, April 16, 2014, 11:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagallacci

MPC re-released their old (1970s) Titan III kit and I couldn't resist doing it up as its original intent ad a X-20 launcher. The basic kit, though claims to be 1/100 scale, is actually mostly 1/120, the Titan core being a bit over-diameter. The X-20 and adapter is my own scratch-build, shaped from bass wood and then cast in resin, this being one of the resin copies. oh- uhmmm. Now how do you post pictures again?

Hobbes

Sounds interesting.

You have to upload photos to a website (e.g. Photobucket: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32096.0.html ) and link to those here.

Captain Canada

Real easy to post....now hurry up so we can see !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sagallacci

Oh, I forgot. http://s131.photobucket.com/user/sagallacci/media/x-20stack_zpsb00c75c7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2 is that about right?

(If you copy the Direct Link address at the side of the photobucket picture and use it with the insert image icon you should be able to display the images within the post  :thumbsup: Mod Team

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sagallacci

It is about 37cm/14.5 in. tall. And feel free to poke around to see additional images.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sagallacci on April 17, 2014, 09:08:27 AM
It is about 37cm/14.5 in. tall. And feel free to poke around to see additional images.

Even MORE impressive at that height, great stuff.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit