An Easter egg

Started by The Rat, April 18, 2014, 08:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Captain Al Bumen was near the end of his patrol when he spotted a speck out of the corner of his eye. By the sixth sense most good pilots develop he could tell from the color of the speck that it was Japanese green long before the 'meatballs' were visible. Checking his fuel he saw that he might just have enough to engage, turned to attack, and soon realised that he was up against something new. Whoever the engineer was who had turned out this plane had either grown up on a farm or had an obesity fetish. Not so much an aircraft as a rugby ball with wings, it wallowed along unaware of his presence. He followed it to a small island, where it landed on a rough airstrip. He circled. The aircraft seemed to be lurching after it stopped. He saw a crack appear behind the cockpit. He rubbed his eyes. He looked again. He shook his head and wondered if his breakfast bacon had gone bad.

The next day he was ushered into a room where a debriefing was held. Curiosity led him to ask what was going to become of his strange discovery. A few sideways glances told him that he wasn't going to find out anything. The government agent looked at him with a conspiratorial countenance, and said "We have top men working on it now." "Who?" asked Captain Bumen. "Top... men."

A very large crate was moved into a remote warehouse...

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Nice one ratty ! Finally got her done eh ? And just in time.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 18, 2014, 09:05:30 AMFinally got her done eh ?

It's been done for quite a while, but every time I tried to get pictures they turned out like crap, and I almost gave up. Never again will I buy a Fuji camera, they are just garbage. Need to start saving for a decent replacement.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

ericr

happy easter! very lovely story  ;)

about eggs, here is a specialized site :

http://www.eggstrememachines.net/

Go4fun

"Just which planet are you from again"?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dumaniac

Yeah - I love the concept

PR19_Kit

I want to see the build pics!  ;D

Love it!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Thanks guys! I've seen quite a few cracked egg planes, but never one with a hatchling, so fingers were constantly crossed that nobody would beat me to it. I initially tried covering the yellow one in downy feathers (purchased at the fly-tying section of a fishing store), but it was too much of a pain so I stripped off the attempt and went with yellow paint. Can't remember the brand of model I used for the baby, and the box has disappeared. I believe it was made for wargamers, seem to recall something about that in the blurb on the instruction sheet, might be wrong though. It was basically assembled, just needed to install the legs and prop.

Oh, and also needed a name for the pilot, I feel a bit proud of the one I came up with.  ;D

NARSES2

Oh that is just fantastic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 19, 2014, 01:11:02 AM
I want to see the build pics!  ;D

Love it!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Unfortunately I didn't think to take any. You can see that I opened the canopy, so to make the interior look better I added some seat belts from foil, and a joystick. Can't really see it well in the photos. The eyes on the chick were just dabbed on with a Tamiya paint marker. Didn't use all the decals, might come in handy on some other project. Painted the leading edge yellow instead of using the decal provided.

Just a bit o' fun!  ;D

pyro-manic

Quote from: The Rat on April 18, 2014, 09:08:47 AM
Never again will I buy a Fuji camera, they are just garbage. Need to start saving for a decent replacement.

Have to disagree with that - Fuji make some truly superb cameras. Try one of the X series and you will be blown away. But cheap point-and-shoot cameras are generally pretty poor, no matter who makes them.

Nice build! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Rat

Mine is a 'bridge' camera, a Finepix S1500, and it's terrible. Macro is worthless, autofocus is slow and inaccurate, auto-exposure poor, and if you try taking movies it picks up the sound of the autofocus ratcheting in and out. Useful as a paperweight.  :angry:

sandiego89

Great idea!  Really well done!   :thumbsup:
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Alvis 3.14159

:thumbsup:

Awesome man!

Alvis Pi