Vanship and Vespa from The Last Exile

Started by philp, April 27, 2014, 05:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Hey, I finished a model, two even.  Ok, both from the same kit but two separate vehicles so am counting them as two builds, first finished this year.

The Hasagawa 1/72nd Vanship and Vespa from the Last Exile.  Not too bad of kits but the decals must be a little thick as they didn't want to conform around sharp curves like the side of the vespa and rear of the vanship.  Still 2 done is 2 done.

Had hernia surgery last Tuesday (never hurt before the surgery, still hurts pretty good now) but have vowed to get to the workbench and finish these off as they have been in the Review kit backlog for way too long.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kerick

I would dearly love some more pics of these two and more information on this kit. Never seen this before and its awesome!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Lovely. Being an anime fan I also had an eye on these for some time, but found the kit to be MUCH too expensive for my taste (or what you get - these things are tiny/delicate!). Great work, though. A fellow modeler here did one in a metallic blue livery:

It belongs to a loose kit series with vehicles from anime movies/series, the "Space Wolf SW-190" kit also belongs to it, and there are two floatplanes (basically the same kit, two liveries) with retractable floats available.

Also thought about scratching a Last Exile/Claudia-powered vehicle, as their retro style is gorgeous.

VickersVandal

RAD!  :mellow: :thumbsup:

I'm about to start this kit for a May Scifi group build on the UAMF. Yours is adding further inspiration. I plan to do mine in the white livery option in the paint chart, just to be different.
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

McColm

nighthunter

The anime series was awesome! Wish I could afford the kit to make a military version, or a sky pirate...
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kerick

I like the red and white version better. I think it looks a little more Art Deco style in line with the styling of the vehicle.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Always neat to see something different around here.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

I've never got into anime, but I do enjoy the things that come out of it.  Lovely looking machines both of them, the blue one too! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Cool.  I was looking at these the other day on HLJ.  I've got two series of the anime on my computer in the "to watch" queue.
Any chance of a pic next to something to give us an idea of their size please?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

These are 1:72, and what I could find out about measures...

Van Ship-Full length: approx 193mm. Full width: approx 87mm.
Vespa-Full length : approx 44mm. Full width: approx 20mm.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..