Mighty Juju

Started by dadlamassu, May 02, 2014, 02:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadlamassu

This was done as part of a speed build the models were to be from those bought at Salute but those of us too far away could use other models.  I chose two from the bargain bin at the local model shop. 

The result was assembled, converted and painted in one day. I started at 0830 this morning and finished it at about 1700. The time included drinking tea, eating lunch, playing for an hour with my grandson and walking the dogs twice. The only additions to the boxes as supplied are the driver and crew helmets (from surplus Esci Vietnam US infantry) and some more ammo boxes from the spares box but from the Airfix Bofors set.

The model is intended for wargames use and so has to be fairly robust.

Background:

The Omigoligosh district of Morvalonga has been suffering from incursions by Qaza'ar mercenary pilots in support of the MOLAR insurgents. So the District Council Leader, Minza Bigbier, put together a self propelled AA vehicle. The contract went through the usual tendering process and his cousin Tumeni Bigbier as usual won the contract.  It has proved very effective against aircraft, helicopters and ground targets earning the nickname "Mighty Juju".

Go4fun

"Okay boys, tip the truck back on it's wheels. I think I can get another shot in"!  ;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

rickshaw

Mighty big Totem you have there!  Must deal mghty JuJu!    :wacko: :wacko:

Very nicely done.  Nice little conversion.  You might want to put some jacks on it steady it when it's firing.  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

aston

Very nice presentation ..... background - simple and enough.

dadlamassu

Quote from: rickshaw on May 02, 2014, 07:49:18 PM
Mighty big Totem you have there!  Must deal mghty JuJu!    :wacko: :wacko:

Very nicely done.  Nice little conversion.  You might want to put some jacks on it steady it when it's firing.  :thumbsup:

The adviser to the militia did ask for 4 jacks but there was a problem in translation and he got:

With the comment that there were enough left to make 3 more!

Dizzyfugu

That really looks good! Great and simple conversio, I really like the result and the finish  :thumbsup:

Rheged

Most impressive!  It would  also be a handy  deterrent to the incursions of light  reconnaissance vehicles under the command of Colonel Ahmurd Kharr of the Qaza'ari Hussars.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Nice one! Love technicals and portees.... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

That looks good and as a speed build it's fantastic  :thumbsup:

I bet somebody, somewhere has either done that or something similar in real life  :rolleyes:

That set of Jacks takes me back a bit. The older type stones were still around when I was a kid but used by the older group, us younger lads used the new super doper metal ones  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

It needs another truck full of ammo and box lunches. :lol:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise