COIN Aircraft from a Hawk

Started by silverwindblade, May 05, 2014, 09:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverwindblade

I've only got standard ones anyway, so I'll be using them!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

kerick

Nothing wrong with using what's already at hand! I'm looking forward to those pics!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

silverwindblade

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

If you put US Army makings on it you would have to name it the Heckawii.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

There's already a plan... It actually is an RAAF aircraft, called the "Baza".  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 02, 2014, 06:17:55 AM
There's already a plan... It actually is an RAAF aircraft, called the "Baza".  ;D

Two "z"s in "Bazza", bloke! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 02, 2014, 06:39:32 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 02, 2014, 06:17:55 AM
There's already a plan... It actually is an RAAF aircraft, called the "Baza".  ;D

Two "z"s in "Bazza", bloke! ;)

Always one critic in the crowd! ;)
Tophe the Wise

silverwindblade

Anyway, back to my own model!
I made a lot of progress this weekend.

First of all, I got the glazing on, and now it looks a bit more like a plane. Masking it wasn't too bad, and I used a fineline pen to ink out the detcord in the canopy before I closed it up.

I also got the tip-tanks mounted, and a bunch of sanding done. I modded some pylons to go under the wings too, and mounted the centeline pylon.
Unfortunately, I also knocked off one of the canards, but then managed to reattach it straight away, and jigged it from drooping with a bit of tape. Since then, it seems to have set nicely in place.

I've got a bit of time off (lord above!) coming up at the end of the week I booked off, so I'll get some more work done then too, such as fitting pylons and working up weapons and landing gear before she gets an undercoat.

Dizzyfugu

Cool!  :thumbsup: Very futuristic,

I am currently working on pics of my 'Baza', hope to get them online during the next days.

silverwindblade

Futuristic is pretty much how I roll!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with your model as well. Sure it'll be great!

Dizzyfugu

It's MUCH more conservative, but turned out to be a very sleek aircraft. The paint scheme is also cool (SIOP).  :cheers:

nighthunter

Dizzy,

As always, THAT IS EPIC!

That is all.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*