COIN Aircraft from a Hawk

Started by silverwindblade, May 05, 2014, 09:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

That does look pretty damm good...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Old Wombat

That's a Puca (Pukka) Hawk, guv! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

silverwindblade

Mine is still underway - I will post some more pictures soon. It's almost finished - just needs some work on the landing gear, then decals & varnishing!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

silverwindblade

So, I'm not dead, and I have been working on this project.

I decided to go for a desert scheme, not based on anything in particulary. It just sort of suited the COIN role, and the shape of the aircraft. And it'll look good on my shelves and stand out a bit amongst all the grey.

Also got the warload sorted and painted - two rocket pods, two minigun pods, two paveways and two napalm tanks. And a droptank for good measure.
I'm amazed with myself for not including sidewinders for once.

So, painting finished, ordnance attached, and decals on. I've since weathered and washed her too, and the landing gear is also attached. Unfortunately, two of the Israeli Stars came off at that point, and I have no replacements >.<
I need to procure another pair before I can clear-coat one last time to seal everything, and then she'll be finished!

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...

PR19_Kit

Got the dreaded red crosses for the pic links I'm afraid....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

silverwindblade

FFS. I'll see if I can upload them from Photobucket instead of Dropbox.

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, lots better, thanks.  :thumbsup:

What a terrific shape, and the camo suits it too.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

silverwindblade

Phew, glad they worked. And glad you like the results, too!

kerick

I like it! Some real original thinking.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Wow....look at that thing ! She sure has come a long way ! Looking awesome. Really neat.

:wub: :cheers: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Way cool... like the desert cammo and the Israeli markings suit her well.

One fundamental comment, though: could it just be that the wings are a little bit too far towards the back? I'd wonder about the aircraft's CG, would be really tail-heavy? Just a personal impression - after all, it's Whifworld and the aircraft looks very good! No more Hawk to be recognized.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Camo and markings certainly works  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.