Handley Page Heyford ideas

Started by Weaver, May 10, 2014, 10:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 19, 2014, 07:20:50 AM
Quote from: Weaver on May 18, 2014, 05:46:48 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 18, 2014, 08:09:56 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 17, 2014, 01:06:06 PM
Chris, add two more Kestrels as pushers, the nose turret from the B-P Overstrand and add
back the big fixed, panted undercarriage and it would complete the Gaulification.  ;)
Now we're cooking with gas  :thumbsup:
Shouldn't that be "cooking with garlic"?  ;)

aren't we drifting oh ever-so slightly off topic here?  ;D

Yes it would be terrible to derail such a sensible discussion.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

May SAM has a nice build of the Matchbox kit, together with an Aircraft in Profile article and some profiles - inc. a yellow trainer. Author finishes his build article with the retort of a fellow reviewer of "why not a Sea Heyford ?".  As the author himself remarks "imagine the wing fold ?"

However having built a land based FAA Wellesley, why not ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2014, 05:56:01 AM
As the author himself remarks "imagine the wing fold ?"

I'm 'Imagineering' just such a wing fold right now, and it's NOT easy!

Back then HP seemed to use tri-angular folding fabric flaps to cover the gap in the trailing edge when the wings were straight, which folded up as the wings swung back, but how do you do that in 1/72 scale?  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Tissue paper. Make a solution of liquid poly, or what ever, and plastic filings, (i.e. a thin plastic solution).
Then use it to glue the tissue in place. Once it has set use the solution to soak the whole thing, make sure you have the shape organized properly then let it set.
It has worked for me in the past for the folded wings on my dragons. That is when I was in my Dragon building phase.  :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

That sounds a possible solution, thanks Jim.  :thumbsup:

I'll give it a try-out on a test rig and report back.

I did think of making the tri-angular bits as plug-in sections and just removing them before folding the wings, but they'd be quite small, maybe 10-15 mm wide, and I'd be bound to lose the darn things.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I found my Heyford yesterday, I could go OOB but could easily go desert scheme of Sand/Stone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TallEng

One could use a Mosquito canopy (I think its Airfix ) to produce the
"Hard top Heyford" it's not an exact fit but it's close enough for government work :thumbsup:

I'm thinking silver and Hendon.
You my think something else ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

RAF, Far East, defence of Malaya and Singapore?   RNZAF?  RAAF?  RSAF?  RCAF?  USAAF?   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on June 07, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
RAF, Far East, defence of Malaya and Singapore?   RNZAF?  RAAF?  RSAF?  RCAF?  USAAF?   :thumbsup:

One of the above. but Whiffed almost out of existance.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 08, 2014, 01:25:27 AM

Sounds intriguing

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Radish

I must admit to a liking for the Heyford.
I've a couple stashed away in the loft, but totally inaccessible due to daughter's "stuff" so I might try and locate one.
I think Biggles requires one in desert colours, with more powerful "steampunked" engines.
A good idea methinks. ;D ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

rickshaw

Longer wings for that mysterious high-altitude version much whispered about in the Messes of the RAF?  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: rickshaw on June 08, 2014, 05:48:03 PM

Longer wings for that mysterious high-altitude version much whispered about in the Messes of the RAF?  ;D

kit couldn't possibly say so, but i'll bet it is!  ;D ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

zenrat

No Heyfords at today's swap & sell. :angry:
Shame, as I have had more ideas.  This time involving all 4 engines (2 on the upper wings, 2 on the lower) and the turrets from a Lancaster.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..