C.S.A.R. unit.......W.I.P.

Started by Army of One, May 13, 2014, 06:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Hello all......this lot I really intend to finish......apart from my 1/144 jets that can be done so quickly all other modelling is suspended....

This will be a 1/72 build. The first two kits are boxed as Hind D's from Italeri.........same kits but slightly different boxing....one almost appears to be a cheap knock off in more brittle plastic than the other. They will be semi westernised......not decided on weapons fit yet.....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

As you can see.....sliding doors.....

The frame on the roof is an attempt to replicate a (simple) fast rope frame of sorts......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

I've never known anyone start modifying the bits while they're STILL on the sprue, amazing.  :o

I always cut them off right away, but then we all have our different methods of doing things.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Ha.......was an easy way of doing just the doors......I could lay the 'runner' on the fuselage to see how it lookes and keep it still. Most other stuff will be done conventionally......maybe......... ;)
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Some work on the optics......a bit of plastic tube, card and some bb's.....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Looking good so far ! Nice idea and the mods look good too. I thought it odd to start working when on the sprue as well.....looks like it works tho !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

This is gonna be good! Sliding doors? Neat!  :party: The fast-roping frame and the optics look great as well!   :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nighthunter

Love the Mi-24/35! Can't wait to see what you do!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Army of One

Right....to those interested/in the know.......would there be space for a door gunner with a GPMG/.50cal (if looking at the fuselage then nearest pilot away from the stub wing......) and still have room to allow troops to rope out/get in......? I will be adding a step of sorts....also gotta think of lumps n bumps to add.......IFR probe.......?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

It would be tight ! But this is whif, so the gun could swing in for stowage and out to shoot during the assault phase ?

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Yeah....been looking at folding arm mounts.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

Steadicam/Aliens smartgun-style flexible arm?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Nice one Hank!  :thumbsup:

Well you've found out why don't have sliding doors: they hit the wing!

My suspicion is that there wouldn't be room for a door gunner. IIRC, the Hind's cabin roof is lower than standing height anyway, so getting ni and out is going to be pretty awkward as it is.

If you want covering fire to the sides, why not modify the 12.7mm gatling in the nose to have 270-360 deg of arc so it can do the job, along with a helmet-mounted sight or pantograph sight (not sure what eera you're going for) for the gunner? You could make the turret deeper by adding a short length of tube to it, or you could scratch a gun body and have the thing in an external cradle, AH-64 style.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

I had thought of a little  ut out in the door for the wing and making up the plug for the fuselage....I like the idea of door gunners. ...I had toyed with the idea of making the door/compartment longer  towards the rear of the pilot area....but app the bays behind hold important stuff and are needed....sorta blackhawk style......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Right......few days off because of something called work.........got a few days off now and a couple of free evenings as swmbo'd is working lates......so some plastic fettling will take place......still working on what sort of lumps n bumps n antennas they should have.......time frame is anytime from late '90s to present day.....any pointers/ideas be gratefully received..........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!