C.S.A.R. unit.......W.I.P.

Started by Army of One, May 13, 2014, 06:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

A few more pics of some progress this am......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 22, 2014, 04:09:11 AM
Thank goodness the modern Hinds have done away with that ruddy AWFUL blue paint in the cockpit that the SovAF seemed to insist upon. Quite how that was meant to be 'serene' I have NO idea!

Funny, i was just thinking the opposite.  I love that colour although my eyes see it as green.

I'm watching this thread with interest AoO as i've just got one of these to put together.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Army of One

Cheers......only pribs ive encountered so far is one kit had some flash on it the other had loads and some detail was a bit softer....makes me think of a slightly worn mould....? I have some of the Zvezda ones ( :wub:) but these were to hand.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 22, 2014, 04:51:04 AM
Thank goodness the modern Hinds have done away with that ruddy AWFUL blue paint in the cockpit that the SovAF seemed to insist upon. Quite how that was meant to be 'serene' I have NO idea!

Funny, i was just thinking the opposite.  I love that colour although my eyes see it as green.

Same here. Both relaxing and a green shade to me  ;D

Nice work on the seats Hank, I think we can tell this is a labour of love  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Looking good Hank!

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 22, 2014, 07:16:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 22, 2014, 04:51:04 AM

Same here. Both relaxing and a green shade to me  ;D

I did some web research on this for the SU-15UP I'm doing, and it seems that the shade isn't actually standardised. Even the "colour police" on other forums just advise people to pick a shade somewhere between "neon turquoise" and "slightly greeny blue" and it'll be right for something Russian somewhere. So when people say "I see it as blue" and "I see it as green", they may both be right because they arn't looking at the same paint.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

I always wondered what the box of these things were for.....I knew they had a purpose......made for it by the looks of them, foam padded jaws.....great...!!!

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Watch it Hank: your Hind's being nicked by the giant space shrimps!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Coming along nicely eh ! I always like how small a Hind actually is, but it has that look of an absolute giant !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Clamps look good mate  :rolleyes: Like the idea of the padded jaws

At first glance I thought you'd impaled that bottle of glue on a spit  :o Then realised it's a bit of an optical illusion caused by the angle of the bottle and the diagonal line on the cutting mat appearing to run directly from it  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

this one will be worth watching i think!  ;D

nice work so far.

btw, hank if you go for westernised armament, the revell 1/72 kit of the eurocopter tiger is a good place to start.
there's a good selection of rocket pods and so on.
Keeper of George the Cat.

zenrat

Mines a Tamiya boxing but the plastic was made in Italy by Italeri.  It looks identical to yours but is moulded in tan.

Colours are very subjective especially in the blue/green and green/yellow hinterlands.  Maybe that's why  when you buy it to paint your house it has a stupid name like morning pumice dew instead of being just called blue #5 or green#23.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Army of One

Cheers.......Zenrat, the only problem I encountered so far is the fit of the fuselage with the troop section/box......on both....I thought when I did the first maybe I didn't trim properly.......plenty of space under the cockpit for weight as I think it needs just a little bit.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Wow......finally decided to do some more work on these......unfortunately  won't  be ready for MK show.......

One of the pair will be fitted with a twin Maverick launcher on the inboard pylon......nothing on the outer  and maybe a couple of hellfire on the endplates....not sure what the other will carry yet......prob a single Maverick inboard or a quad hellfire launcher.....rocket pods outboard n maybe some more hellfire on the end.....sadly no door guns on either of these......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Captain Canada

Nice to see an update ! Really coming along now. These are going to look great together.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?