C.S.A.R. unit.......W.I.P.

Started by Army of One, May 13, 2014, 06:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

A liitle bit of work done this eve......tried to replicate a similar step to that on a Puma....it's  the thinnest plastic rod i have......my sprue stretching is rusty an would not behave this eve.......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Looks the part!  :thumbsup: Love the sliding doors!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

Moritz......thanks......i want to do more, just not enough time in the day.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rick Lowe

Looking good. I like the idea of someone deciding to use the aircraft they've got, but upgrade it with Western Kit & Fittings... cost effective & great whiffing fodder.

The 6mm BBs are great for where you need a small generic ball; I can attest they work well for an M5 40mm grenade launcher turret...

How about having an MG mounting outside & behind the doorway, with the gun on an arm to bring it back into the doorway? Sort of like the Vietnam Sagami mount... that way, you could swing it outside when you needed to egress.

For fixed wing support, what about an updated/upgraded OV-10 Bronco? There's a discussion thread somewhere here with a whole lot of neat ideas.
*edit* Here 'tis:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,11482.0/highlight,ov-10.html

HTH & keep up the great work.

Cheers

Rick

pyro-manic

Looking good! Have you seen the South African Hinds with the huge chin cannon?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Army of One

Rick.......cracking idea......i have a couple of the D's that Academy did in the desert colours.....

Pyro......oh yes... :thumbsup:......and the different armament  under the wings as well.......it 'stars' in the Di Caprio film The Blood Diamond........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Hmmmm, sliding doors.  Must steal that... :wacko:

I have some Elhiem Figures door gunners for mine and as it'll be on floats I don't think i'll need steps.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Army of One

Not heard of those figures....I'll have to look them up....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kerick

I like what you did with the chin turrets. The whole idea and the work is impressive. :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

I'm not sure what weapon to put in the chin turret yet.......i was donated the spare that Chernayakula had.....i think the twin 23mm mount will pass as a twin 20mm......just gotta work out what aerials n stuff to put on the o/s.......got a rough idea......if anyone has any ideas please feel free to chip in.....Western style stuff.......cheers......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rick Lowe

For Western aerials, I figure you can't go far wrong with various blade or whip arrangements... NO!, Not in the dodgy sense... :blink:

Rick

Army of One

Ha.....naughty.......i been looking at Puma's, Chinooks and Merlins for lumps n bumps.......and some big towel rail thingy on the side.....not the one under the tail boom........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rick Lowe

Easiest way, I reckon, is little bits of microstrip, shaped flat sheet & microrod... you can make them exactly as you want & don't have to shave them off a donor kit & then reshape/resize...

FWIW

Army of One

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 28, 2015, 01:53:52 PM
Easiest way, I reckon, is little bits of microstrip, shaped flat sheet & microrod... you can make them exactly as you want & don't have to shave them off a donor kit & then reshape/resize...

FWIW

Yup......thats what I'll  be doing.......just gotta find the time........ :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Nice. Love all them lumps and bumps.....can't wait to see more !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?