56th Squadron 'Firebirds' pre Lightning deployment

Started by Bungle, May 14, 2014, 12:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

In the 50s the RAF needed an interceptor while the English Electric Lightning was in development. The proposed Hawker Hunter replacement for the Supermarine Swift was on hold so the Government turned to the newly upgraded Grumman Cougar to fill the gap.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Now that's a gorgeous Cougar !

" Hi there, come here often ? Let me buy you a drink....."

Seriously tho, that looks awesome. Very colourful, and the tail really sets her off. I like it !

:wub: :tornado: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Now that looks so right and so different. It's amazing what a different scheme can do to an aircraft.  :bow:

But why do I keep seeing it with a tiger mouth in 112 Sqd markings ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 14, 2014, 02:53:50 PM
Now that's a gorgeous Cougar !

Just my words! This looks VERY good and conclusive, not only the markings but also the aircraft itself and its armament. VERY well done.  :wub:

Weaver

Don't know why I missed this at the time, but well done Bungle: that's a lovely job! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 15, 2014, 01:15:23 AM
Now that looks so right and so different. It's amazing what a different scheme can do to an aircraft.  :bow:

But why do I keep seeing it with a tiger mouth in 112 Sqd markings ?

Dunno. I see FAA and Suez markings myself and I have one in the stash!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Glenn Gilbertson

Quote from: Weaver on October 31, 2014, 06:18:01 PM
Don't know why I missed this at the time, but well done Bungle: that's a lovely job! :thumbsup:
I'll echo that! :thumbsup: