Pratt and Whitney Canada Boeing 720

Started by Captain Canada, May 22, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

If it's a -420 which I started with you have to change the trailing edge shape and the flap lines as well. Plus you need a different engine config as most 720s only had one, or two at most, turbo-compressors.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Is that what the small air intake is for on one of the pylons then Kit
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 23, 2014, 03:32:22 PM
Is that what the small air intake is for on one of the pylons then Kit

Yes, that's the thing.

Depending on the individual aircraft there can be any number of them from zero to four! The BA freighters had three of them, as did many PanAm -320s but it's a minefield for RW modellers. Of course here in WhiffWorld we can install as many or as few as we like.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Got on board that P&W 720 once when it came into YYZ, also happened to be one of the rare days I didn't have my camera with me.  :banghead:  Somewhere in my mounds of crap I still have some publicity handouts they gave us.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Ah, the goold old Mounds of Crap. Who doesn't have a pile or two !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?