What's on Howard of Effingham's 1/72 modelling bench..... and not?!

Started by Howard of Effingham, June 03, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Rheged on May 30, 2015, 10:08:56 AM
Congratulations from chateau Rheged!  Well Done!!  Bravo!!!

Now is the time, perhaps , for a blast of celebratory whiffery???.

master rheged, its the last night before the 2nd half of the summer term starts. I shall plan my wiffs in school not out of it! :) regretfully I cant now go to my own model show this year as my father is 70 and that takes priority still I am at RAF Northolt the weekend before and then have a MRE to go to in Gillingham the following day. this two events WILL give me ideas.

but it would be a good idea to finish some projects on the bench that have been looking at me with evil eyes for weeks.  :wacko:

I am also looking forward to a whole half of silly seriousness and or serious silliness in school too.  ;D there is at least one party to go to never mind anything ad-hoc [which probably will happen and yes pints of beer WILL be naturally involved] and so on. you may recall the drill only too well! let the fun begin!

Captain Canada

Have fun ! Glad to see you're in such a good mood before school term starts again. I always found those days so depressing, probably why I feel that way when I have to go back to work after a spell of days off.

Oh well, enough about me. I like the idea of planning on school time and not your own. I have to say I pretty much do the same, only at work  :thumbsup:

Enjoy !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 31, 2015, 08:24:23 AM

I am also looking forward to a whole half of silly seriousness and or serious silliness in school too.  ;D there is at least one party to go to never mind anything ad-hoc [which probably will happen and yes pints of beer WILL be naturally involved] and so on. you may recall the drill only too well! let the fun begin!

As a retired teacher, I know exactly what is likely to develop.   ENJOY!!!!  You have earned it!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Rheged on May 31, 2015, 01:06:50 PM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 31, 2015, 08:24:23 AM

As a retired teacher, I know exactly what is likely to develop.   ENJOY!!!!  You have earned it!!

:thumbsup: see you after the hangover!  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Ugh hangovers....ruined a day off last week because of the bugger !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 01, 2015, 07:25:16 PM
Ugh hangovers....ruined a day off last week because of the bugger !

:blink:

indeedy. not consuming large amounts captain just making sure I haven't lost me touch. :)

Howard of Effingham

hmm with just a few days to go to before the aviation event of 2015 on june 13th, 2015 here is as good a time as any to reflect...... :)

I was delighted to get in the post the spares and some for the sword harrier T2 that is stalled on my bench from them in the Czech republic via a friend in the uk whom many of you know of but is for my purposes staying anonymous yesterday! thus my mythical CAF Air Group as fought in the Falklands War can have a Harrier T.72 added to it after the Luftwaffe GR.71 I added a few years ago and is still at home somewhere [I best check later].

it was used as fast FAC a/c and carried the same scheme as many CF-104's carried in their latter years in west Germany though I won't say which squadron of their's gets used for the sqn markings other than it might be a former 6 [RCAF] Halifax sqn as you would expect from the wiff world's resident HP nut. :) but has some subtle mods that make it nicely Canuck.

the USAF RF-101 in European one can also be worked upon. I can now decide which USAF wing gets used for the markings! :)

life at uni' has easied some as some know but most things are now in the lap of the Board of Examiners [which sits next month btw] so the remainder of june will be spent quietly in school [Rheged and Radish know that that is nigh on impossible in a Primary School in the summer time] on all manner of things, not the least of which is 'engineering' a card for one of the staff who marries next month! :) I am glad to say that life in school goes well and so on. had a very interesting afternoon trip out yesterday as a 'responsible adult' to the local library with some of the younger pupils in the place. didn't like the story they were read but that is another and more CLASSIFIED tale. :(

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

morning all!

hoping to do a little light modelling today. but we'll see.

Captain Canada! I will make sure the RF-101 gets a suitable zap or two and the harrier T.72 definitely gets a bomb tally.  hope you have a good weekend in wiffworld whatever you do.

btw, both the shows at RAF Northolt and RAF Cosford this weekend are sold-out is my understanding. so if you haven't got a ticket, please don't go. Cosford have apparently put out a notice to that effect via their FB pages and or website, which I saw yesterday. others will be able to confirm this for me as I am now quite busy for the remainder of the day.

Captain Canada

Wow. Have fun this weekend yourself ! How excellent is that going to be ? Jealous that's for sure....

When Nick and I attended Waddo a few years back they announced that it was sold out as we were driving up ! We pressed on, thanks to Nick ( I was pretty much gone to DEFCON5 at that point ) and they were just closing the entrance we were going into. We got the last few tickets. Some bloke even gave us a ticket or a cheap ticket or somat to save us a few pounds.

:wub: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

Harrier T.72 latest......

the wing pylons are on [pinched from a C-Scale Sea Harrier detailing kit] and one of OGLs 'Blue Eric' castings is gonna be part of the ECM fit. just wot weaponry do I give her astride a single 30mm aden gunpod?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

I've got something going along the same line of thought  ----

I've been carefully sculpting a pair of ECM pods to fit the underside of the fuselage on the T.10 I'm using which will replace the gun pods, also adding a nose cone from an F-16, the photos below show where I'm going to blend it in to the forward fuselage area.

I'll probably use some Maverick or ALARM or a combination of both
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike