What's on Howard of Effingham's 1/72 modelling bench..... and not?!

Started by Howard of Effingham, June 03, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

minor announcement......

as some will know this year I have been a 1st year u/g at warwick uni'.

this week I have received my results and all things considered they are better than I thought they would be.

I have passed all of the modules I took with the exception of one exam that I failed.

I have been quickly given options as for the autumn and am now mulling them over.

at this juncture I would like to say thanks to the many and varied bunch of friends I have on the wiff site!  :thumbsup:

all of your kind words, friendliness and support this year is MUCH appreciated by me.

thank-you! :)

Captain Canada

Congrats Trev ! Now have a pint on me and relax for a bit before you make any big decisions !

:thumbsup: :drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

I have been able to do quite a bit of modelling in the last few days.

the RCAF Harrier T.72 now is armed and dangerous..... 1/72 Aden GP and Blue Eric ECM fitted. :)

and generally been sorting out the modelling bench a little.

should be at the IPMS Birmingham Show this sunday coming.  :thumbsup:

Howard of Effingham

Rather too much of a break here but its late, i'm in a good mood and i'm sipping Jack Daniels, what's not to like?

Having some fun with some of Freightdog862s weapons grade resin sets and a Mk7 Nuke in particular.

This is going under a 1/72 Trumpeter F-107A that I have nearly finished painting and will get Xtradecal UK based F-100 markings naturally.

Looking back I see I had plans for a RCAF Harrier. Must revive those.  ;D

Rheged

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 10, 2015, 05:28:34 AM
minor announcement......

as some will know this year I have been a 1st year u/g at warwick uni'.

this week I have received my results and all things considered they are better than I thought they would be.

I have passed all of the modules I took with the exception of one exam that I failed.

I have been quickly given options as for the autumn and am now mulling them over.

at this juncture I would like to say thanks to the many and varied bunch of friends I have on the wiff site!  :thumbsup:

all of your kind words, friendliness and support this year is MUCH appreciated by me.

thank-you! :)

Apologies for coming so late to the party with belated congratulations...and some support.....My older son failed one module in his first year uni exams, but passed on the resit and it hasn't stopped him going on to get a good MA.  courage, mon brave!!!  you are probably much better than you think you are!!

Now to more serious matters.  I'm much looking forward to the finished F107  and extremely jealous of the Jack Daniels; I'm off alcohol until the end of chemo/radiotherapy.....16 days and counting.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Howard of Effingham

can't talk much about the uni' progress as while I passed all my 2nd year exams [apparently] only failed one essay and was unable to submit a second, my mental health took a massive nosedive and I had to withdraw from my studies other things are happening where me and my institution are concerned so to speak.

my modelling mojo which was kidnapped my the carpet monster was sprung from a 'super-max' security after the carpet monster was 'vapourised' by one of my wiff ideas.

I have though been retained as a EYFS volunteer at the school was at which is nice.  :mellow: and had lots of fun in nursery this morning.  <_<

decals are going on the Harrier mentioned a page or two back in RCN markings on HMCS Vancouver [one of three 70000 ton a/c carriers the RCN had c.1982 assisting our RN in the Falklands like.......... ] and looks pretty with mapleleafs I can tell you!

I also am now mastering a new digital camera. so watch this space! in a few days time my witterings should be available with photos! :)

you ok given what you said Rheged?

Howard of Effingham

Mk7 nuke being assembled for F-107A but further progress temp stalled as I sliced the top of one finger while doing it!  :banghead:

NARSES2

Sorry to hear about the uni issues Howard but glad the modelling MOJO is back and you are still involved as an EYFS volunteer which I know you really enjoy  :thumbsup:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 06, 2017, 03:35:18 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on October 05, 2017, 09:39:41 PM
...I sliced the top of one finger while doing it!  :banghead:

Yikes!
Badly?  Stitches?

Super glue, which is why you hardly ever see modellers at shows with stitches or plaster or slings etc. They've usually re-glued the bits back on with what's to hand at the time.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I've been advised that "normal" superglue is not the same as that used by the medical profession.  Can't remember who or why.
It could be that (as can often be the case*) the only difference is the price tag...

*Ultrasound and Echo Cardiogram for example.  Same equipment but if its for a cardiologist the price goes way up.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 06, 2017, 05:27:55 PM
I've been advised that "normal" superglue is not the same as that used by the medical profession.  Can't remember who or why.
It could be that (as can often be the case*) the only difference is the price tag...

*Ultrasound and Echo Cardiogram for example.  Same equipment but if its for a cardiologist the price goes way up.

Like the 'Named Brand' vs 'Generic' thing.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 06, 2017, 12:33:24 AM
Sorry to hear about the uni issues Howard but glad the modelling MOJO is back and you are still involved as an EYFS volunteer which I know you really enjoy  :thumbsup:

Hmm Brother Narses2! yeah and some of the wiffs are WW2 related. I have finished bar removing the canopy mask a griffin engined Mustang IV in RAF markings, this one went to Brampton btw but I dunno how widely it was photographed. The IDF/AF Spitfire all black Spitfire has the prop from the Mustang kit just mentioned as I managed to bust the prop' that was on the kit when built several years ago. I'll try to remember to bring these to SMW even if they don't end up on our table.

When I have sorted out an 'cloud-based' image hosting site to use, as I now have a digital camera fotos of my work will appear more often.

see you at SMW. :)

The Wooksta!

I can probably find a spare prop for the Spit.  Remind me nearer the time and I'll bring it down to Telford.  Which kit is it?  Airfix?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic