Are KITBITS still in production and do they have a website?

Started by McColm, June 04, 2014, 01:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi Guys,
I came across a company called KITBITS but can't find anymore info about them.
I was doing some research on the resin 1/72 AN/APS 20 radome and where to buy the conversion.
EBay came up with KITBITS KB29, a separate moulded resin radome. So I wanted to buy one but it had been sold. If I could hold of a supplier it would save me heaps as I use the HighPlanes Douglas AD-4W Skyraiders AEW conversion and remove the radome from the fuselage.
I know AeroClub used to do a conversion for the Shackleton but prices are way too high for me.
There are Gannet AEW kits but they are also getting rare.
The odd vacform conversion does appear from time to time but isn't a medium I'm familiar with.
Can you help?

PR19_Kit

I think they're long gone sadly.

The radome I used on my FAA Douglas Skysearcher Whiff used one of their resin Gannet AEW3 conversions, and nicely moulded it was too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Falcon from New Zealand do a radome for the Skyraider as part of their C-2 Greyhound vacuform (it's an extra, not obviously intended for the C-2) sheet.  I used it on my Canberra MPA build - http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35791.0/highlight,rudra.html
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

JayBee

Renegade Resins does that radome.
Talk to MartinH on this forum.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!