Seen Today On The Tarmac

Started by Go4fun, June 04, 2014, 03:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

Yesterday I spotted this beauty flying over, attracted as I was by the music of four radial engines singing in harmony.

So today when I saw an AC-47 Dakota flying over while out with my sister she was easy to convince to take me to Forbes Field. The only thing in the least disappointing was the use of vinyl graphics instead of hairy stick for the nose art but I can see the world spinning and accept it. She is called "Sentimental Journey".
I also spotted another fine beast.

A medivac Piper Cub. I wonder if anyone ever Whiffed this?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

kerick

The good old Betty Grable pin up. Can't beat it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Lovely B-17 but it's the shot of the medi-vac Piper Cub that interests me, especially as it's Navy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Given me an idea for the Airfix Auster Antarctic in the stash who's floats were used on another project
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Glad to fire a spark Narses2.
In the hangar was this beautiful C-1

which my sister the camera person looked at said "Oh the poor things wings are broke". :banghead: Even a Mud Puppy like me knows that is the way they get shipped from Ikea!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

scooter

Quote from: Go4fun on June 05, 2014, 07:10:53 AM
which my sister the camera person looked at said "Oh the poor things wings are broke".

Makes me wonder what she'd think of the Gannet

And I thought they came from Ikea with one offset Allen key, and 40 thousand fasteners-
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

darthspud

I visited the Sentimental Journey Hanger about 14 years ago, still got the t-shirt, one of my faves.
Not sure(memory fades) but I recall a B25 in there too?
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Go4fun on June 05, 2014, 07:10:53 AM
In the hangar was this beautiful C-1

which my sister the camera person looked at said "Oh the poor things wings are broke". :banghead: Even a Mud Puppy like me knows that is the way they get shipped from Ikea!

Aw, how cute! A fat Tracker! ;D

Given the numerous angles which one is required to contort ones body through in order to reach the constant speed drive, I wouldn't be surprised if the bloody things were made by Ikea! :rolleyes:

(I love them, really, Mr. Grumman, sir! :wub: )

Regarding the vinyl nose art on the B-17; so many of these aircraft are hired out for films & the like that removable nose art makes quite a lot of sense.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Love the Trader ! That's a beautiful example for sure.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?