I tried to make the prop like this one.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TallEng

Well..... It's i wish I hadn't done 'that' time :banghead:
You see I was flying the GrifStang around the room (as you do) ;D
Admiring its powerful lines etc, etc, when it came upon me that I didn't like
How it looked at the nose, because the nose was too high

It needs a touch of down thrust, a bit Like Miss Ashley;

And if I'm honest the paint work is rubbish. I'm using Xtracolour and I'm struggling with it.
So, no I have to decide: paintwork I should rub it down and try again.
The nose, do I take the saw to it again or not?
I'll have to think on it :unsure:
Comments, ideas etc great fully received.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Librarian

Honestly, that side profile photo looks fine, same as the Griffon Spitfire XII. Xtracolour is worth perservering with ....several coats with a min. 12 hours between. I paint with a mix of Humbrol/Revell/WEM/Xtracolour. It depends on which colour, some are just better than others. You could treat the paint you've used as an undercoat...give her a light sanding and switch to another brand. Humbrol 29 always needs at least two coats but gives a beautiful finish. This advice is if you're handbrushing....airbrushing I know not ;D

TallEng

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think I will just go with rubbing down the paint
And having another go :thumbsup:
Progress pictures:

I've also re profiled the tip of the fin and made it not quite so pointy

And I've bodged together a possible Contra-rotating prop

Please note that the spinner shape is not final, and I will try and remember to turn one set blades round so that
They turn the other way :rolleyes:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

nighthunter

Like the Griff nose, dislike the contra.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Personally I think she looks better with the 5 bladed prop, in fact she looks gorgeous  :wub:

The contra prop just looks to big to me, detracts from her superb lines
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 07, 2014, 12:38:07 AM
Personally I think she looks better with the 5 bladed prop, in fact she looks gorgeous  :wub:

The contra prop just looks to big to me, detracts from her superb lines

Second that, much too massive. The five-bladed version looks much more appropriate.

Captain Canada

Ya looks perfect with the 5 bladed prop. The contra is just too much and kinda ruins the classic lines you had going.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

I hope that isn't the finished product. The blades do look too big and shouldn't there be a cone on the end of the propshaft?

TallEng

Quote from: McColm on July 29, 2014, 04:05:43 AM
I hope that isn't the finished product. The blades do look too big and shouldn't there be a cone on the end of the propshaft?

No it was only ever a rough draft, to see what it looked like. If I'd gone ahead
It would have been tidied up and have had a spinner.
As it is we're having a cracking summer here in Germany  ;D  :cheers: :drink:
So she sits there half decaled waiting to be finished :rolleyes:

Regards
Keith

TallEng

Small update, as Summer turns to Autumn I've finally started (slowly) :rolleyes: to resume
Modeling hence this small update for the Mustang.
Obviously being powered by the Griffon was never going to do anything for fuel consumption :o
So I've built some larger drop tanks, now why I just couldn't use the drop tanks supplied or raid the
Spares box I've got no idea :rolleyes:
But I decided the way to drop tanks with more capacity was too chop up 4 normal Mustang drop tanks
To enable me to produce 2 larger tanks  :blink:
A bit like so;

Of course they've been sanded and filled now and are awaiting final paint.

The other thing I decided that the Mustang needed was some form of weaponry as well
As the cannons, so I came up with this........

Which is obviously a pair of R.P.(B)'s :cheers:
Although why I am still working out. But they did seem a good idea at the time :drink:

Regards
Keith

Captain Canada

Rocket Propelled ( Bombs ) ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Rocket Projectiles (BIG)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Looking good after the new paint job!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.