N.A. Mustang XI (Finished)

Started by TallEng, June 05, 2014, 12:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

Not Much to say really except: its finished (took long enough)
But i kind of ran out of modelling Magic :rolleyes:

N.A. Mustang XI 'K' KM782 607Sqn RAF

The main Mods to the Kit, well obviously a Griffon from an Airfix Mk22 Spitfire, then an enlarged carburetor (chin) intake,
enlarged radiator intake and a taller fin + leading edge extension.
I'm still not 100% sure about the nose.... :rolleyes:
I might like to revisit a Griffon Mustang again sometime.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

Looks spot on to me ! Love the colours and the subtlety of the subject. The taller fin really looks the part.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Beautiful, I love those colours :wub:. Wish Uncle Mike was still alive as he flew Spit VIIIs with 607Sqn. He'd have loved to see this.

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, that looks the business for sure!

That 5 blader was definitely the way to go, and although I was a bit dubious about the Hurricane radiator at first it works a treat. Cracking job altogether.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Yeah! very nice Keith --  :thumbsup:  I've got a thing with Mustangs at the moment, got a bunch of them on the planning table ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Paul

Dizzyfugu

Very nice!  :thumbsup:

Reminds of a P-51H in the stash that is supposed to be built in SEA markings, too, even though probably in NMF with drak blue trim.

zenrat

Nice.  Looks like a bought one.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ChernayaAkula

Lovely work!  :wub: Does look the part!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Just about my favourite scheme and she sure suits it, lovely model  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TallEng

Thank you everybody  :thumbsup: for the encouraging comments ;D
I too have a couple more Mustangs for whiffing,
If only I can work out how to translate Tophe's drawings into plastic :rolleyes:
You see he's done this wonderful asymmetric Mustang that I'd love to do.....
This one

Or perhaps this one;

But I can't work out how to get started :banghead:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on December 10, 2014, 04:54:30 AM
If only I can work out how to translate Tophe's drawings into plastic :rolleyes:

But I can't work out how to get started :banghead:

I know JUST what you mean! Tophe's stuff is a permanent inspiration for all Mustang fans.

Which reminds me I ought to finish my Tri-Stang, oops. <blush>
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

No way you've "run out of modelling magic" - this is beautiful! Perfectly executed to my eye! The engine, the tail, the cannon, even the camo. Brilliant!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

DogfighterZen

Quote from: KiwiZac on December 14, 2014, 03:29:05 PM
No way you've "run out of modelling magic" - this is beautiful! Perfectly executed to my eye! The engine, the tail, the cannon, even the camo. Brilliant!

I agree, the 5 blade prop looks great and the rest of the changes all fit the mustang so well! Great work!

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"