The Hawker P.V.5 Cyclone, the model.

Started by PR19_Kit, June 06, 2014, 03:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Here's the Cyclone just prior to decalling, and I've been spending much of today drafting and printing up the serials and side nos.

From above its Hurricane derivation is quite clear, but from the side it has quite a different look to it. I'm quite pleased as that's EXACTLY how I thought it up.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

:thumbsup: :wub:

Looks like a missing link between the Fury and the Hurricane

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Gondor on June 14, 2014, 12:54:34 PM

Gondor

looking very nice  i tried the other way round for the missing link

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

PR19_Kit

Gondor

That's 'cos it IS the missing link between the Fury and the Hurricane!

It's all in the backstory.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 14, 2014, 01:40:46 PM

Gondor

That's 'cos it IS the missing link between the Fury and the Hurricane!

It's all in the backstory.

Then I was right  ;D

Great work Kit   :thumbsup:

can we have an envy mode on here please?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Decals on and two coats of Klear improve the look of the model no end.

All the roundels are from the lovely Modeldecal Sheet 107, pre-WWII roundels, the fin stripes from the Airfix Hurricane kit and the rest came from my PC and printer.

Just the final small paint jobs to do now.

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

Right, that the Cyclone done and dusted.

All the itty bitty paint jobs done and a further coat of Klear applied over the gloss bits. I can't find my roll of fishing twine stuff for the HF aerial just at the moment, but when I do I'll add that from the mast to the fin tip, and then it really will be finished.

And in case you're wondering the K3187 serial was never used, quite a rare occurance at that time, and it fits nicely into the time frame between a batch of Bristol Bulldogs and some Avro Tutors.

The last piccie's just a close-up view of the bits where I did the most work. I'm amazed it came out looking so smooth, all that PSR work paid dividends.  ;D

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

I think I will borrow your method of trouser building for the item we've PMed about in the last few weeks, Kit!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TallEng

Wow! What amazing looking exhausts :drink: what where they drinking thinking?
Nice looking plane Kit :thumbsup:
The trousers look very Martin-baker MB2

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Exactly my thoughts on the exhausts Keith but they're the stock Heyford exhausts cut down in length a tad. On the Heyford they face FORWARDS though!!!!

I must admit that my thoughts on the shape of the trousers were influenced by the MB2, yes. The Supermarine 224's trousers look terrible to my mind, they go all the way back to the trailing edge of the wing!

Regards
Kit