The Hawker P.V.5 Cyclone, the model.

Started by PR19_Kit, June 06, 2014, 03:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

make sure its in a different scheme then ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kerick

If you found the box in question then you must have brought it home. Did you have any "helpers" when you unloaded at home?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on November 04, 2014, 05:14:05 PM
If you found the box in question then you must have brought it home. Did you have any "helpers" when you unloaded at home?

No, 'Terrible Trevor' wasn't around in those days. I may have left it at one my local model club meetings, I'm chasing that up today.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

After all the work(which came out great), that must be frustrating... Hope you find it.
Good luck!
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Martin H

Unfortunately,

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on November 11, 2014, 06:43:08 AM
still no sign of it then?

Nope, not a peep.  :banghead:

I can't imagine where it can have gone, I checked with my buddy from CPAC if I'd left it at his place after the last club meeting, but it wasn't there either. Looks like I'll have to build another one.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That which was lost is found again!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

It seems Mrs_PR19 had 'tidied away' what she thought was an empty cardboard box, but it actually contained my lost Cyclone, my Beriev S-13 'Moonshot' (the Soviet U-2) and a BD5-J!

The question us, what do I do with the part 'Cyclone-ised' Hurricane fuselage on my work bench?  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Build it as a different version by a different operator  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on April 19, 2015, 07:31:39 AM
Build it as a different version by a different operator  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Yeap, the right course of action ;D
Unfortunately,

JayBee

Most definitely yes, longer wings maybe?  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitbasher

Same build but without the ventral radiator - add some leading edge condensers and nose-mounted MGs like the Supermarine 224.  And then finish it in Munich Crisis colours.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Navalise it  :rolleyes: ?

Maybe a ground attack version ? 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Give it floats as the Supermarine S7, maybe with, dare I suggest it, SHORTER wings.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on April 20, 2015, 08:15:08 AM
Give it floats as the Supermarine S7, maybe with, dare I suggest it, SHORTER wings.

Heresy, I say, HERESY!  :banghead: :banghead:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..