Main Menu

P-51 LW

Started by Hotte, July 08, 2014, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotte

In April 1944, landed two Mustang Mk. III of the RAF on an airfield of JG 1 The two pilots thought they were in England. The two Mustangs were secretly kept by JG 1 and flown in combat.

Hotte

Hotte

The JG 1 flew with the two Mustangs missions over England to fight the bombers right from the start.

Hotte

Hotte

The four 12.7 mm MG were replaced by german 13.1 mm MG. On my Mustang, the rear wheel of a Bf 109 G was built. The radio system was replaced.

Hotte

PR19_Kit

I hope they didn't try and order engine spares from Rolls Royce in Derby........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hotte

Also, the main landing gear wheels are of a Bf 109
Fuelled was 100 octane fuel.

Hotte

Hotte

Finally, a view from below.

Hotte

Hotte

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2014, 11:30:37 AM
I hope they didn't try and order engine spares from Rolls Royce in Derby........  ;D

The spare parts were often flown in and fell from the sky.

Revell (ICM) is 1/48th
The kit has many weaknesses

Hotte ;D

comrade harps

That has intriguing camo and markings. I love it!
Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

Nice one! The cammo comes IIRC more or less from a real world night fighter, even though that would have looked more improvised?
Has the aircraft also flown in the Balkans - due to the yellow chevron under the wings?

dumaniac

zenrat

Like it.
Good job.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hotte

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 09, 2014, 01:26:21 AM
Nice one! The cammo comes IIRC more or less from a real world night fighter, even though that would have looked more improvised?
Has the aircraft also flown in the Balkans - due to the yellow chevron under the wings?

Night fighter camouflage because the Mustang was used before sunrise over England  :rolleyes: 
The yellow Chevron  triangle is used to better identify. The chevron it was also on the Eastern  and Western Front.
Most of ground combat units but also among day fighter.

Hotte

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Funky camo ! Looks pretty wild....and nothing like any Mustang we've ever seen ! I guess they did keep them a secret  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?