The EB52 Megafortress

Started by maxmwill, July 18, 2014, 07:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

I read "Flight of the Old Dog" many years ago and never went farther than that with Dale Brown. Personally I'm only interested in the aircraft, not the author. This is on my to do list.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Quote from: Flyer on July 20, 2014, 01:09:19 AM
Quote from: Diamondback on July 19, 2014, 05:41:23 PM
Whatever you do, if you're a member of That Other Spinoff Site from here, DO NOT mention anything to do with Brown or his works over there...
What spin off site? And overly positive or negative response to mentioning Brown? I'm guessing negative...

He's talking about Beyond the Sprues & I have yet to see any unprovoked negative reactions over there ... or here, for that matter.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Logan Hartke

I agree completely, Old Wombat. There haven't been any unprovoked negative reactions that I've seen, either. I think Diamondback was referring to his own interpretation of Greg's response to some highly charged language used in a post of Diamondback's. Greg's reaction seemed quite measured compared to Diamondback's provocative words, in my opinion. Elsewhere, Greg has expressed positive interest in Dale Brown's whimsy, but trying to apply those fun concepts to the real world isn't always practical.

Cheers,

Logan

jcf

Quote from: sandiego89 on July 19, 2014, 06:21:10 AM
Frankly Dale Brown lost me after the after the first Old Dog book- pushed it a tad to far with unbelievable physics, characters and plots.    

Agreed, he and Clancy, along with rest of the techno-thriller writers, got so involved with
topping themselves that they lost sight of good storytelling. It all became formulaic crap.

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 20, 2014, 06:40:49 PM
Quote from: sandiego89 on July 19, 2014, 06:21:10 AM
Frankly Dale Brown lost me after the after the first Old Dog book- pushed it a tad to far with unbelievable physics, characters and plots.    

Agreed, he and Clancy, along with rest of the techno-thriller writers, got so involved with
topping themselves that they lost sight of good storytelling. It all became formulaic crap.

Agreed
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Between that and the good authors who sell out to the "Running serial books written by underpaid 'Ghost Writers' while the original author moves on to his next series" I don't know which POs me the worst.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

albeback

Here's one I prepared earlier! :smiley:
Kit was the 1/72 AMT/ERTL B-52H. How about an EB-52 G B? :lol: Be nice if we had a decent,modern 1/72 B-52 kit.

URL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/albeback52/media/021.jpg.html][/URL]

Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Captain Canada

That one's pretty cool !~ Love the look of the new nose and wingtips.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lenny100

this is from dale browns website a few years ago

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!