Viggenize it!

Started by The Rat, August 06, 2014, 05:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundereagle1997

Lets viggenize the F-104.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Yeah I thought so too Ken..when I saw thunders idea I liked it .
So far I'm gonna use my Hasegawa F-104..Tamiya F-15 wings and I'll figure out what to use for the  canards in a wee while. 🤔 😊
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Zero-Sen: Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt! ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 27, 2023, 09:43:17 PMI'll figure out what to use for the  canards in a wee while. 🤔 😊

The original F-104 wings are so tiny that you could almost use those!  ;D  ;D  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

scooter

Quote from: The Rat on September 28, 2023, 08:49:27 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 27, 2023, 09:43:17 PMI'll figure out what to use for the  canards in a wee while. 🤔 😊

The original F-104 wings are so tiny that you could almost use those!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Scaleorama canards from different scale Starfighters
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Keep the F-104 tail.
I've got an F-104 in the stash and an old Viggen I built ages ago that just didn't come out right. I see some paint stripper in the future.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on September 28, 2023, 07:31:54 PMKeep the F-104 tail.
I've got an F-104 in the stash and an old Viggen I built ages ago that just didn't come out right. I see some paint stripper in the future.
I'm gonna keep the tail Ken ..not because I was going to anyway but because your suggestion makes the most sense..I was thinking of what I could or would replace it with and that was annoying cause nothing came to mind..all sorted now but it won't be a T tail of course..so I'll put a spike or something like that on top of it  :thumbsup:

kerick

I have a two seat F-104 also. Hmmmmm.....
Wild Weasel?
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

I've been looking at the idea of using F-15 wings and the results are in ..nope..not big enough..well long enough for the job at hand .
What I think will work out best tho are Mirage 2000 wings or Mirage 3 ..ive looked at the 2000's wings and they work beautifully..im gonna see the size difference between that and the Mirage 3 .

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on October 01, 2023, 11:18:31 AMI have a two seat F-104 also. Hmmmmm.....
Wild Weasel?
Hmmmmmm ??? Is right Ken .
Would have to see the weapons load out on a weasel and see how close you could get with the 104 .
But this is a damn cool idea 💡 😄

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw on October 01, 2023, 11:31:51 AM
Quote from: kerick on October 01, 2023, 11:18:31 AMI have a two seat F-104 also. Hmmmmm.....
Wild Weasel?
Hmmmmmm ??? Is right Ken .
Would have to see the weapons load out on a weasel and see how close you could get with the 104 .
But this is a damn cool idea 💡 😄

Courtesy of Cybermodeler: F-4G Weasel loadout: https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-4/f-4g_loads.shtml

Yawn Dart (probably closer to a Viggenized 104 WW):

2 gas tanks
2 HARMs (STARM?)
2 Sidewinders (Shrike?)
2 AMRAAMs (Winders)
EW Pod centerline
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng