Sprint & HiBEX ABM

Started by KJ_Lesnick, August 09, 2014, 09:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: rickshaw on March 02, 2015, 04:34:22 PMYou have evidence that the fUSSR evaded the ABM Treaty and it's limitations?   :rolleyes:
I assumed, by RLBH's wording that we undercut our design to comply with the treaty and the Russians did not...
[/quote]
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 03, 2015, 07:12:19 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on March 02, 2015, 04:34:22 PMYou have evidence that the fUSSR evaded the ABM Treaty and it's limitations?   :rolleyes:
I assumed, by RLBH's wording that we undercut our design to comply with the treaty and the Russians did not...

So, you made an assumption.  Why? 
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

KJ_Lesnick

Rickshaw,

Because people who are not all knowing, often make guesses...
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 04, 2015, 10:19:50 AM
Rickshaw,

Because people who are not all knowing, often make guesses...

An "assumption" is not necessarily a "guess", Kendra/Robyn...   :rolleyes:

KJ_Lesnick

I thought an assumption was a type of guess?

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 06, 2015, 11:29:52 AM
I thought an assumption was a type of guess?

assumption
Line breaks: as¦sump|tion
Pronunciation: /əˈsʌm(p)ʃ(ə)n/
Definition of assumption in English:
noun
1 A thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof: they made certain assumptions about the market [with clause]: we're working on the assumption that the time of death was after midnight

guess
Line breaks: guess
Pronunciation: /ɡɛs/
Definition of guess in English:
verb
[with object]
1 Estimate or conclude (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct: she guessed the child's age at 14 or 15 [with clause]: he took her aside and I guessed that he was offering her a job [no object]: we can only guess at Alan's motives

Appears to be different premises, Kendra/Robyn...

KJ_Lesnick

rickshaw

QuoteAppears to be different premises, Kendra/Robyn...
Okay, I see your point.  Regardless, it would be an easy assumption to make

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 07, 2015, 10:57:08 AM
rickshaw

QuoteAppears to be different premises, Kendra/Robyn...
Okay, I see your point.  Regardless, it would be an easy assumption to make

Why?  Because you've been told all your life that Russians can't be trusted?  Despite all the evidence that they in fact can be trusted as far as can any other nationality, including the United States?   :rolleyes:

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: rickshaw on March 07, 2015, 05:32:30 PMWhy?  Because you've been told all your life that Russians can't be trusted?
I suppose

QuoteDespite all the evidence that they in fact can be trusted as far as can any other nationality, including the United States?   :rolleyes:
And we've always stuck to treaties?

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 09, 2015, 10:34:46 AM
And we've always stuck to treaties?

Really?  Mmmm, Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, ring any bells, Kendra/Robyn?  I'm sure I can think of several others if I really worked at it but that is the most glaringly obvious one that springs to mind.  Of course, as yesterday's report from the UN indicated, it appears my own country is no better...   :rolleyes:

pyro-manic

Not to mention neatly sidestepping/brazenly ignoring the Geneva Convention....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: rickshaw on March 09, 2015, 06:08:07 PMReally?  Mmmm, Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, ring any bells, Kendra/Robyn?
I'm well aware of that -- I know our country doesn't always follow the law.  That sort of was the point I was trying to make...

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 10, 2015, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on March 09, 2015, 06:08:07 PMReally?  Mmmm, Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, ring any bells, Kendra/Robyn?
I'm well aware of that -- I know our country doesn't always follow the law.  That sort of was the point I was trying to make...

You may have guessed this - you failed to make it.

KJ_Lesnick

rickshaw

Apologies for failing to make the point: I'm aware that the US doesn't always follow international law.

• I believe we should have never engaged in torture tactics: Sure torture makes people confess; but it doesn't make the confession right
  • We actually tortured an Iraqi General -- uniformed and protected under law -- until he died: That's a war crime last I checked
  • We should not have placed people in Guantanamo bay as it was merely an end run around the law
  • I think we should have tried all terrorism suspects captured on US soil, in US Federal courts: We've done it in the past and we generally got convictions
  • On foreign soil, we could have either held them as POW's or subjected them to a court-martial process: Proceedings that would have been far better than the kangaroo-co -- I mean military commissions we whipped up.