Miles / Supermarine PR1

Started by andrewj, August 13, 2014, 03:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

major

Old Wombat

Something different.

This being developed as an unarmed PR plane, how about the Dovehawk?

Later, armed variants, can be the Firehawk. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Cobra

Howabout Calling Your Plane the "Swift Hawk"? just an Idea for You to Consider. Dan

Devilfish

What about the obvious?  Hawkeye.....

Hotte

Great idea !
Sexy bird  :bow:

Hotte

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Cobra on August 13, 2014, 04:28:28 AM
This is Too Cool,Superb,and Should get Nominated for a Whiffie :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Second that, and good that it is already on the shortlist.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

andrewj

Quote from: Devilfish on August 13, 2014, 11:35:56 PM
What about the obvious?  Hawkeye.....

I quite like that , nice ring to it , the Miles /Supermarine Hawkeye PR1 , OK everyone agreed ?

Andrew

PR19_Kit

And in 35 years or so you could sue Grumman for LOTS of money for pinching your aircraft's name.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

andrewj

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 14, 2014, 03:59:42 PM
And in 35 years or so you could sue Grumman for LOTS of money for pinching your aircraft's name.  ;D

Well , we did think of it first Kit , LOL

jcf

Mmm, Hawkeye has definitely American roots being used a nickname for Iowans since the ~ 1840s
and as one of Natty Bumpos nicknames in Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 14, 2014, 11:03:09 PM
Mmm, Hawkeye has definitely American roots being used a nickname for Iowans since the ~ 1840s
and as one of Natty Bumpos nicknames in Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans.

But they didn't name their airplanes 'Hawkeye' at the time, probably because they hadn't been invented then...........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

aston

Something classical to do with eyes .... Cyclops? Cyclop?..... ?? Something all seeing?

There's a series on Quest tv at the moment about classic British aircraft .... made seemingly a good while ago and so a bit sad ..... but there was one last night featuring the Canberra PR 9 - lots of interesting details, one being that increases in wing chord (14" backwards and forwards) made it good for photographic stabilty and sharp images .... so that might be an interestingly wiffy modification as part of a PRification.

Tophe

I love it! Thanks to enrich the Spitfire family! :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

James