Fokker Dr.1 with a hypothetical "Flying Circus" paint-job.

Started by CSMO, August 19, 2014, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSMO

When I was a nine year-old in 1959 I slopped some paint stripes on an Aurora Dr.1 glue-bomb with a big watercolor brush. I liked the color combo then and I still do. This is the new-tool Revell 1/72 kit built OOB with the kit decals. I used several yards of 6mm Tamiya tape, Testors Flat Yellow & Flat Red and Humbrol Matte Blue to do the paint job on this little guy. I had to prime all of the parts with Armory White figure primer to cover the molded bright red plastic. I am happy with the results.

Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

TallEng

Cor, strike a light!! That's a bit loud :blink:
You wouldn't mistake it for the red Barons aircraft, that's for sure.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Allan

I wonder why a German pilot didn't actually take to the air with this color scheme.....perhaps the authorities were only patient with relatively restrained colors....
Allan

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Allan on August 19, 2014, 11:40:26 PM
I wonder why a German pilot didn't actually take to the air with this color scheme.....perhaps the authorities were only patient with relatively restrained colors....
Allan

My thoughts as well, lovely build
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

JoeRugby

WOW!!!  That really pops!!!  Build is great, the colors and pattern remind me of Legos.

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 20, 2014, 07:06:46 AM
Quote from: Allan on August 19, 2014, 11:40:26 PM
Allan

My thoughts as well, lovely build

Because none of them were expatriate South Australians! ;D

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est