My first whiff - F-16W - FINISHED!!

Started by DogfighterZen, August 23, 2014, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Looks pretty nice ! And welcome aboard !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 30, 2014, 04:38:04 PM
Looks pretty nice ! And welcome aboard !

Thank you, Captain! :thumbsup:
I've been working on the beast this weekend but nothing worth taking pics of...
Just to let everyone know, i've been considering the idea of a stealth F-16 as Jesse220 asked about it... and have just bought a set of f-22 nozzles from aires and been thinking of further changes to the fuselage itself, maybe some internal weapons bays or conformal fuel tanks... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Hey guys, not much to show as the past few weeks have been filled with work and band rehearsals for a few gigs we've had so the only thing i managed to get done was the intake. It's not exactly as the real dsi tested on the F-16 but it's close enough for me for now.

It still needs some touching up but i think that this was the hardest part so next will be the fin fairings and wings.
I'm getting my masters degree in putty applying and sanding techniques with this one...  ;D
Anyway, i already have another f-16 kit in my stash just waiting for some evergreen styrene to find its way to my house but that will be another story

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Very nice work! That's a huge change compared to the regular F-16 intake.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: kerick on September 13, 2014, 07:44:02 PM
Very nice work! That's a huge change compared to the regular F-16 intake.

Thanks, Kerick!  :thumbsup:
Yep, it is a big change and, to my eyes, an improvement in the overall look of the viper. I liked it so much when i saw it that i just had to build one.

loupgarou

Ouch, what a strange shape! Fantastic work! But gives envy of finger-cleaning my nose. ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

comrade harps

It's increasingly looking the goods with that intake: :thumbsup: It's coming along nicely.

Whatever.

kerick

I just added this to my whiffs to build list. :bow:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ChernayaAkula

That intake looks the business!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys!!  :thumbsup:
Loupgarou, i have to admit this was a hard one to dig from.   ;D
Comrade harps, the F-16IN is a beautiful design and probably, also one of my future builds but for this one, i was inspired by this F-16U:

And this is where its at

Been doing some work on it tonight and the new nozzle is almost finished so i'll have more pics in a few days.

Cobra

This is Really Looking Cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Kinda Reminds me of Planes from "Ace Combat Unsung War"! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Hey guys, thanks for the comments!  :thumbsup:
I've been too lazy in the past month so there's not much progress. I've been trying to figure out the position of the new horizontal stabs and seems that there's more putty on the way.
Here are a few pics to see what it could look like.

i know that the pics are crappy but i'll try to do better on the next post.

Dizzyfugu

Love the wings' shape, and the twin fins look good, too! Really like the design!  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Love that intake....really looks the part now !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?