My first whiff - F-16W - FINISHED!!

Started by DogfighterZen, August 23, 2014, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 03, 2017, 04:29:09 PM
So now that you've won a whiffie, what's your next move?    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

World domination!!! :wacko: ;D
I would like to win something in a Portuguese modelling show/contest with a Whif, that would be unreal, and would seriously irritate some of the stupid JMNs lurking around the Portuguese modelling scene... but i believe my models aren't up to the standard... and also, i have to be able make it to one of the events... I was very close to entering one last year but it was in a city 300KM away from where i live, and the budget didn't allow for such a trip at the time, i'd be spending more than half of my monthly gas budget... Maybe this year i'll have a chance to attend at least one of the shows... :rolleyes:

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 04, 2017, 06:51:27 AM
Looks good  :thumbsup:

Quote from: darthspud2 on July 04, 2017, 08:22:04 AM
That's more a Cobra on steroids than a viper, I like it! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, gentlemen! :bow:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

HAHA!! Thanks to Canso's fix, i've restored the original pics from Photobucket... :wacko:
Everyone, try adding ~original to the end of the pic's link and be surprised, don't know if it was Canso's own idea or someone else that found this loophole but it works!!
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

darthspud2

none of my vipers gets close to this one, but I may yet start hacking an academy kit or 3 and see what the result is.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: darthspud2 on July 07, 2017, 08:26:54 AM
none of my vipers gets close to this one, but I may yet start hacking an academy kit or 3 and see what the result is.

Thank you bro, you're too kind! :bow: You've got all my support on that, go for it, you already have a very nice Viper family and it will surely be very welcome in the nest, no matter what it looks like! :thumbsup:

darthspud2

saw a pic of a standard F-16 with the wings pointing forward.
Might give that a go, as the Academy kit comes with separate wings unlike almost every other mftr who mould the wings to the fuselage halves.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: darthspud2 on July 08, 2017, 02:26:19 AM
saw a pic of a standard F-16 with the wings pointing forward.
Might give that a go, as the Academy kit comes with separate wings unlike almost every other mftr who mould the wings to the fuselage halves.

Hasegawa's F-16 kits also have separate wings and they're also good kits, although i like Academy's kit better because of the detail. The Academy kits represent F-16C block 40/42 airframe up to the most recent Blocks, maybe with some minor differences of scoops and vents.
I admit i'm not a big fan of Forward Swept Wing designs but i think Vipers look good no matter what, even with FS wings. Get it going, i'd love to see what you do with it! :thumbsup:

royabulgaf

Dogfighter, you mentioned you are Portuguese.  There used to be a guy on this site that did profiles of an alternate Portuguese military aviation industry.  It started with re-engined Curtis Hawks and Spitfires, and moved on to semi-indigineous designs based on western aircraft.  I don't recall the name, maybe someone else can recall it.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

DogfighterZen

Quote from: royabulgaf on July 18, 2017, 06:45:17 PM
Dogfighter, you mentioned you are Portuguese.  There used to be a guy on this site that did profiles of an alternate Portuguese military aviation industry.  It started with re-engined Curtis Hawks and Spitfires, and moved on to semi-indigineous designs based on western aircraft.  I don't recall the name, maybe someone else can recall it.

I wasn't aware of that... guess i'll have to explore the Graphic design threads better. Thanks for pointing it out, it's something i'd also like to explore, like i'm doing on the backstory for my Portuguese Navy whifs. It would have 100% Portuguese built aircraft carriers and all... :wacko:

:cheers:

DogfighterZen

Just updated the photos to my Imgur account links on page 7 for anyone interested. :thumbsup: