Rockwell HiMAT

Started by KJ_Lesnick, August 27, 2014, 12:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJ_Lesnick

I'm curious about a couple of things regarding the HiMAT: What was it's wing-area?  I've never found any information on that
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

rickshaw

It was variable.  It had different wing/fin/etc. combinations made for different tests.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

KJ_Lesnick

Really... has there ever been any pictures of the differences provided not classified
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

rickshaw

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on August 27, 2014, 08:07:03 PM
Really... has there ever been any pictures of the differences provided not classified

You could compare pictures from different tests, I suppose.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

KJ_Lesnick

Rickshaw

How many tests were done and how would I find the pictures?

jcf

Seriously? You can't just type NASA Himat into a frigging search engine?
Gimme a freakin' break.

Or use the NASA Technical Reports Server?
Here I did it for you, 465 matches:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=Himat&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nm=123|Collection|NASA%20STI||17|Collection|NACA||125|Collection|NIX

pyro-manic

JCF: This is KJ_Lesnick we're talking about... :rolleyes:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

KJ_Lesnick

JCF

QuoteSeriously? You can't just type NASA Himat into a frigging search engine?
I could, but I'd find shitloads of stuff to wade through: I figure you guys could provide information that's more targeted.  Why sift through thousands of pounds of rubble when I could just find the one boulder I need to lift up and hurl off.

QuoteOr use the NASA Technical Reports Server?
I didn't even know NASA had such a thing...

Regardless, the message was an error 404

pyro-manic

So you expect everyone else to "sift through thousands of pounds of rubble" for you? Are you offering payment for this service?

jcf

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on August 29, 2014, 04:42:00 PM
JCF

QuoteSeriously? You can't just type NASA Himat into a frigging search engine?
I could, but I'd find shitloads of stuff to wade through: I figure you guys could provide information that's more targeted.  Why sift through thousands of pounds of rubble when I could just find the one boulder I need to lift up and hurl off.

QuoteOr use the NASA Technical Reports Server?
I didn't even know NASA had such a thing...

Regardless, the message was an error 404

Do a copy and paste of the whole effing link, the forum software screws up links from time to time.
:banghead:

... or try this:
http://tinyurl.com/kwcahvg

jcf

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 29, 2014, 05:02:40 PM
So you expect everyone else to "sift through thousands of pounds of rubble" for you? Are you offering payment for this service?

Yes to the first part, and of course not to the second.  :banghead:

KJ_Lesnick

Pyro-Manic

QuoteSo you expect everyone else to "sift through thousands of pounds of rubble" for you?
I figure you guys would probably have the answers

joncarrfarrelly

I actually did the search as you recommended and I found everything you'd ever want to know about HiMAT Except the wing area

Captain Canada

Just saw a pic of the HiMAT in an old mag the other day.....what a machine !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

perttime

There's a HiMAT drawing in a few sizes, at the old Dryden site (easier to browse than the new Nasa images site).
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Graphics/HiMAT/index.html

The new site has a couple of photos that look fairly recent:
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/multimedia/imagegallery/HiMAT/

Aha! The HiMAT has a new home:
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/himat_has_new_home.html

pyro-manic

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on August 31, 2014, 05:28:21 PM
Pyro-Manic

QuoteSo you expect everyone else to "sift through thousands of pounds of rubble" for you?
I figure you guys would probably have the answers

Why, exactly? This forum is about sticking bits of plastic together and painting them, often in slightly (or extremely) heretical ways. For the most part we're rejecting "real" stuff, and all the tedious statistics that go along with it.