Wee Canadair Argus

Started by Captain Canada, August 29, 2014, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Thanks for the confirmation ! Mine is a little underscale at the moment, but the next one will be right on....I hope !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

OK then....I have all four nacelles done and am all too excited to glue 'er all together...but I figure I'd better get on with the fiddly bits before that ! Here's the new radome fitted. I bought some white glue for 60 cents hope she holds ! I guess she'll be the big nosed version. Mk.II ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

Mk I actually. It had the larger American radar, the Mk II had the smaller British Radar.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

OK Mk.I ! I like the look of the big ol' radome and figured it would be more fun to shape as well. I might add a few more bits but she may also be done. Now need to find somat to colour her with !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Looks almost ready to seal up. Go to the nearest cop shop and ask if they know where you can buy some dope, they might be quite helpful.  :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Seal her up ? I was lucky enough to find some water colour paints and some brushes....I'm sure it will be a mess but I have to try something !

I've also acquired some tooth pics that I will hopefully use to make the scoops on the engines.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Sorry but I have not been able to find my pictures of an Argus  :banghead:

Must be burred around here somewhere  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

I took a load of pics of the Trenton Argus a couple of weeks ago, Kit Spackman was asking for some. But they're close-up detail shots, don't think they'll be much use for the scale you're doing. But if you want any, I'll post them.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Thanks for the offer Rat but I should be good for this wee bird ! Just be nice to see some shots of them when still in service. Not alot around !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on September 02, 2014, 08:11:06 PM
I took a load of pics of the Trenton Argus a couple of weeks ago, Kit Spackman was asking for some. But they're close-up detail shots, don't think they'll be much use for the scale you're doing. But if you want any, I'll post them.

Who, me? I don't recall that.........  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: The Rat on September 02, 2014, 08:11:06 PM

Actually, I think that was me Dave, I've got a 1/72 one on the go --

cheers,
Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Wasn't it you Robert who had the links on the other forum ? I found them while searching google. Some great shots on there ! I guess we should post them here too  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

If it all goes wrong it would make a great Russian 'Coot' look-a-like!

JayBee

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 03, 2014, 06:24:32 AM
I've got a 1/72 one on the go --

Based on what Robert, I rather think we would love to know.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

Some years ago I bought a 1/72 scale vacuform Canadair Argus CP-107.  A fellow in South Africa had made a mould of one because there wasn't a kit of it available and I was told it's quite accurate.  This fellow was convinced to make a bunch and sell them and I've got one of them, kit #2 if all the writing on the parts mean anything.  And I was told only 10 were made, it goes by the manufacturing name Santos.  

But when I got the latest product catalogue from Herryll's Execuform, I saw he does one now too in 1/72 scale and only quite recently, Cooper's Model started to put out a complete u/c set plus props specifically for the Execuform kit.  These are 3D Printed items and I bought a couple of sets, they're really a marvelous piece of art (bit expensive though and the family jewels will be hanging from a tree if SWMBO ever found out how much I spent on them).

So my plan is to build the Argus as a Mk.1 using a spare radome from a Neptune (which is losing it for another conversion [think Falcon]) because the kit only comes with the Mk.2 radome,  and then I'm going to convert my Airways Britannia into a Yukon which will take care of the two u/c sets.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike