Started by G.Marcat, August 31, 2014, 12:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

today applied a layer of tamiya white primer

the result of two layer of putty to blend the lines

and the primer applied

Mossie

Great!

At the risk of making more work for you, how about a full update with side intakes and large nosecone?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jesse220

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice. Love the Crusader and this looks awesome.

Not a bog fan of the intakes and larger nosecone idea...that would take too much away from the VG aspect of it and pretty much make a whole new aeroplane.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Beautifull thing... :wub: It's coming along really nice!
Can't wait to see it finished!  :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

G.Marcat

Also this Sunday I have done something on  the Variable Geometry Crusader.

The past week I have cut out the hump from the Monogram's Crusader Wing assembly.

The wing assembly is now put aside for to be used in another Crusader Whatif!  :thumbsup:

Glued the Crusader Hump on top of the new Variable Wing assembly.

Today done a series of refinement on the shape of the VG new assembly and then applied a big blob of MRSurfacer 500.

This enourmous amount of Surfacer should to cover all the surface's  imperfections.

Already today glued the engraved ESCI's TORNADO TAILPLANES.

I was ready to glue on the Crusader's original tailplanes but they look a little undersized, out of place, when compared to the upper view of the new Crusader's appearance, so I choose the TORNADO's tailplanes.

Quote from: Mossie on October 19, 2014, 02:19:31 PM
At the risk of making more work for you, how about a full update with side intakes and large nosecone?

Today casually I found in the my pc this image:

Probably You mean a Crusader that look like this one.

I admit it's look very beatiful.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

It's coming along very nicely, looks fantastic so far.

Quote from: G.Marcat on November 02, 2014, 01:32:32 PM
Today casually I found in the my pc this image:

Probably You mean a Crusader that look like this one.

I admit it's look very beatiful.

Something along those lines, definitely. :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jsport

McColm

That second window could do wqith a seat added.
Great work on the model.

Sauragnmon

A Swing-wing Crusader... very interesting to behold, looking forward to seeing more of this.

As an aside, I'm not sure I like the side intakes on that one design.. they seem... odd with that layout, perhaps with full-width intakes it might not look so odd..
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.