Seen heading South West....

Started by Rheged, September 04, 2014, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

With a group of NATO leaders out to play in Newport, South Wales, I assume that the extra helicopter movements from the Hereford area are something to do with this.  Perhaps our correspondent in the area has observations to report??
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on September 04, 2014, 12:43:24 PM
With a group of NATO leaders out to play in Newport, South Wales, I assume that the extra helicopter movements from the Hereford area are something to do with this.  Perhaps our correspondent in the area has observations to report??

Were they black?  And its possible that the men in suits, sunglasses and blacked out vans have already paid him a visit
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on September 04, 2014, 12:54:00 PM

Were they black?  And its possible that the men in suits, sunglasses and blacked out vans have already paid him a visit

The MiB wouldn't dare go anywhere near Kit.....they might endanger their supplies of unobtainium!

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on September 04, 2014, 01:07:57 PM

The MiB wouldn't dare go anywhere near Kit.....they might endanger their supplies of unobtainium!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on September 04, 2014, 01:07:57 PM

Too right!

It's 'NATO Conference Mania' around these parts just now, they have a 20 ft high chain link fence alongside the M4 in the area by the confernce hotel, and a '4 ship' of black SUVs with blacked out windows cruised down the A48 past my town y'day, but they didn't dare tun off here of course.  ;D

Apparently there's a multi-force fly-past scheduled for early tomorrow morning and it's heading this way after the actual event so I'm headed for high ground with a 300 mm lens in the morning. Should be a Typhoon, a V-22 and a Voyager as well as Polish, French, Dutch and German aircraft too.

Which begs the question, did France re-join NATO at some time?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 04, 2014, 02:57:30 PM

Which begs the question, did France re-join NATO at some time?

Cynic mode engage  Typically French, they are in if it suits them and out if they feel that there is an advantage to be gained. Cynic  mode disengage

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 04, 2014, 03:31:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7937666.stm

Thanks Joe, you learn something new every day.  ;D

My planned photo expedition this morning was cancelled, not because the fly-past didn't happen, but because the cloud base here at 150 ft above sea level is down to 500 ft. Even if they actually flew over the Conference venue there would have been no chance for me to see anything as the tree-less high ground I was airming for is another 600 ft higher, so I'd have been taking pics of the INSIDE of a cloud.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I saw the RCAF VIP bird on the ramp at Trenton maybe they were warming her up for that....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

pyro-manic

Quote from: Rheged on September 04, 2014, 03:01:52 PM
Cynic mode engage  Typically French, they are in if it suits them and out if they feel that there is an advantage to be gained. Cynic  mode disengage

I would submit that the same can be said for any country. But we're straying into politics now... :-X
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Rheged

Quote from: pyro-manic on September 05, 2014, 05:19:24 AM
Quote from: Rheged on September 04, 2014, 03:01:52 PM

I would submit that the same can be said for any country. But we're straying into politics now... :-X

Fair comment!!

Sorry, I'll get back to the subject. 

A Merlin at about 300 feet, heading south along the line of the A49 road, about 10 miles south of Hereford.

PR19_Kit

It seems the NATO fly-past did take place, but 2 hrs later than originally stated by which time the murk had burnt off and I'd gone shopping.

Needless to say they didn't tell anyone in my part of the world.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit