Bf.109G-10, IJA

Started by Trofim, September 05, 2014, 02:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trofim

Good evening to everyone! I'm a newbie here, but I was in read-only mode for some time. Here is my Bf.109G-10 from Revell kit, 'what if Japanese decided to buy anti-bomber fighter in Germany because of slowness of developing their own'. Hope you will like it.

Captain Canada

That sure changes the look of the 109 ! Looks good tho. Nicely done. What's up with the little tarp ? You lose a piece ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dumaniac

Yes the camo scheme certainly does change the look of the ME.  The tarp had me tossed as well - perhaps another tarp or similar on the wing would balance it to give the appearance of maintanence.

lovely job

Bernie

perttime

Looks the part!
The tarp made me thinks it has been used as a sun shade for the cockpit.
The antenna wire looks a little thick to me. Something thinner and darker would look more right to me.

NARSES2

Firstly welcome and secondly, nice entrance  :thumbsup:

Looks very good and very used in a typically Japanese way. They had at least one "E" on trial so why not "G"'s
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

flappydaffy

Welcome indeed!!

and keep them coming!! What is your next project?

Trofim

Yes guys, i've got some problems with fitting the glass, so I've decided to use that tarp. I've seen some kind of it on airstrips, they use it to cover the canopy when an aircraft stays on ground too long.

Quote from: flappydaffy on September 06, 2014, 08:36:40 AM
Welcome indeed!!

and keep them coming!! What is your next project?

Well, according to the kits I have in stock now I have two options- building the Mig-17 with  forward-swept wing (the hardest thing for me will be changing the profile of the basic wing) or try to make something alike Mig 1.33- I need to ajust the nose of Mastercraft Mig-29 on the top of Revell's F-16C and to scratchbuild the E-8-alike air intakes.

Tophe

A squadron with your 109 and also Ki-61s would look logical, great! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sandiego89

Nice entry!  Well done. Welcome to the forum.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

DogfighterZen

Great work! The weathering looks good! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

comrade harps

Nice 109 and  :wub: that camo; can I steal it?
Whatever.

Trofim

Leading Observer

Good work. But don't I recognise that profile picture?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures