Hawker-PAC 'Turbo Fury'; '01' of the Royal Thai Marine Corps, Chanthaburi 1969

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 12, 2014, 12:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Hey, I work every Sunday! :wacko:

And Saturday, too, for that matter. :-\

Nights! :o

My "weekend" is Thursday/Friday. :thumbsup:

Shift work, people! Someone's gotta do it! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Very cool ! I love the colours on this one. Great to see the Firefly shot in there as well. I bumped into this one looking for Mach Loop pics on the 'net. Strange eh !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Beautiful... :wub: excellent work as always! :thumbsup:
I love that idea of newer engines on older prop fighters, it's got a lot of possibilities.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

trickyrich

Strangely it actually looks quite normal and sort of suits it!!

Well done  :thumbsup:

If Cavalier could Turbo-Prop a Mustang, then why mot someone else doing the same for other surplice WWII aircraft?

now whole new line of creative thought there..... Turbo-Proping a Fw-190D, yummy.....

.......a Turbo-prop P-38 Lightning with twin RR Dart engines????  :wacko:  Hmmm a couple of Cavalier Turbo-prop conversion kits would be a good place to start!! I wonder where I could get those from!  ;D

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 20, 2015, 10:32:02 AM
Beautiful... :wub: excellent work as always! :thumbsup:
I love that idea of newer engines on older prop fighters, it's got a lot of possibilities.

Thank you. There were actually three of these - the original from Pakistan and then a late conversion that actually flew against the Cavalier Mustang...  ;)

In this case here, the Herc engines match up very well in size and shape/diameter with the Fury's fuselage. I also considered a similar transplatation to a late F4U - this should look menacing, too.

Captain Canada

It's funny, after clicking on the pic and then tracking the name back to hear, it turned out that I had seen and responded to the other two, but not this one ? Excellent work all the way around. The new engines definitely make them look modern and powerful !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Big Gimper

Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 21, 2015, 12:30:24 AM
... I also considered a similar transplatation to a late F4U - this should look menacing, too.

And beautiful! :wub: I don't think anyone would mind if you built that... could be in the next three days, no problem, right?  ;D
That would be a really good looking bird... :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Maybe...? I can imagine that bird in USMC colors for Vietnam duty, in Light Gull Grey and White with some colorful trim and lots of A-1 style ordnance...  ;D

Army of One

Great work as usual Dizzy......love the idea of giving life to WW2 fighters......love the idea of a turbo prop FW190D9.....oh yes i do......an i have a resin set of hercules engines from Heritage Models sitting around doing nothing......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

At the moment, the BoB GB occupies all resources, but there's still a Herc engine left - I considered a target tug version with civil registration, but maybe it ends up on a F4U. Also thoughzt about a P-51 conversion, but the turboprop engine is rather massive.

BTW, speaking about a single, leftover engine pod - There were/are two more Turbo Furies:

1:72 Hawker-PAC Sea Fury FB.61; aircraft 'K 850' of No. 5 Squadron, Pakistan Air Force (PAF/پاک فِضائیہ‎); Kashmir region, summer 1965 (Whif/PM Model kit conversion) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 Hawker-PAC 'Turbo Fury'; FAA registration 'N287FS', operated by Flight Systems Inc. and used during USAF fly-off trials; Edwards Air Base, 1984 (Whif/PM Model kit conversion) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Army of One

You have mabe me hunt around my loft for last 20mins looking for a particular box.......which i have found.....!!!!!! I now have my blister pack of 4 herc resin engines from Heritage........i held one above a Hase 190D9 i have built and the engine is a lot slimmer than the space that would be left by the Jumo engine. Mmmmmm, some thinking to do.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rick Lowe

Pack the sides out a bit and no problem!  ;)

It's what I'll be doing when I Turbo-up my F4U - well, if it's needed...
I like the Vietnam Corsair idea, Dizzy - just what I was planning; it should look very elegant in Grey/White.

Hmmm... I also have a spare Fw-190D too...

These are all looking very tasty, Dizzy - nice to see your work again.

Cheers

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*