1/72 Mil Mi-28 Havoc, in GDR service

Started by Spey_Phantom, September 12, 2014, 01:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this is the first 1/72 model in my WW3 storybuild, but since the 1/72 models are bigger and complexer to build, im gonna give them theyre own thread  :mellow:

this one im now working on, is a Zvezda 1/72 Mi-28A, Decals im using will be a combination of the fits (stencilling) and a TOM east-german decal set (markings & serials).

the story behind this build is that if the German Democratic Republic (East-Germany) still exisited, they would ahve to replace they're Mi24 Hind-E and -F's at this point. at first, i was thinking of a Ka50 or 52, but i decided that an Mi-28 would be more plausible.
the DDR-LSK would have posessed about 26 of these machines to support DDR-NVA (GDR National Peoples Army) troops on the ground.

the plan in my head:

progress photo's:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Army of One

Oh I'll be watching this.......I got loads of these in the stash.......be interesting to see how it goes together............
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Nice and simple one.  :thumbsup:

May suggest a typical NVA-LSK livery of their Mi-24, in beige and a pale olive green instead of the Soviet-style sand and tan?

A GDR Navy machine would also be an option?

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Spey_Phantom

im still working on this project in silence, the main assembly is now done, and a first coat of light sand has been applied on the front of the fuselage.
i wont have time to work on it this weekend, as im spending some time at my GF's place.
still need to do the weapons, but that shouldnt take to long  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

If it's so complex how come it's almost finished already ?   :thumbsup:

Nice work Nils ! She's really coming along and it's going to look great in those colours.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Looking great Nils......any major fit problems along the way.....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

That's one strange looking helicopter for sure, but you made a great job of it Nils.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Beauty job there Nils ! The colours and camo look awesome, and really makes the markings stand out. Such a neat looking chopper. There's been that same kit sat on my LHS shelf for years. I always look at it but it doesn't really fit in anywhere with my build preferences....oh well, maybe I should grab it anyway.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Amazing jiob,. That is one stunning looking havoc!! and it looks really good in East German markings
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die