1/72 Mil Mi-28 Havoc, in GDR service

Started by Spey_Phantom, September 12, 2014, 01:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

Nice heli but... [jmn mode] are those exhaust deflectors on the right way round? On most of the RL types I've seen/worked with they deflect the exhaust into the rotor disk to disperse the heat. It looks like those are just presenting a couple of big hotspots for IR man pads to track...[\jmn mode]
secretprojects forum migrant

Cobra

Superb Job,Nils :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This Deserves a Whiffie! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Caveman on October 13, 2014, 10:38:00 PM
Nice heli but... [jmn mode] are those exhaust deflectors on the right way round? On most of the RL types I've seen/worked with they deflect the exhaust into the rotor disk to disperse the heat. It looks like those are just presenting a couple of big hotspots for IR man pads to track...[\jmn mode]

Totally correct. The protytypes had this exhaust arrangement, and even the service aircraft have it:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 14, 2014, 12:45:46 AM
Quote from: Caveman on October 13, 2014, 10:38:00 PM

Totally correct. The protytypes had this exhaust arrangement, and even the service aircraft
I stand corrected! I guess they consider their greatest threat comes from the air rather than the ground then
secretprojects forum migrant

Army of One

Great job Nils........love it........I would post a pic of my maltese Havoc but won't hijack your great build/thread.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

I hadn't noticed that, but it does seem kind of screwy !

:blink: :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?