BAe Eagle GR7 Swing Wing

Started by Devilfish, September 25, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

The Variable Geometry TSR-2 was designed fairly early on in it's life.  I have taken that design and updated it and a few other aspects.

Entering service in the early 00's as a replacement for the GR6, the airframe has been stripped and completely rebuilt.  New swing wings and ramp style intakes have been fitted, along with a new nose and advanced radar.
The bomb bay has been sealed and is now a fuel tank, with twin pylons fitted along it's outside.

Dizzyfugu

Sick... but REALLY cool. I like the paint job and finish, too.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Are the 'hinged bits' and the intakes from an F-14? They suit the overall shape really well and give me similar ideas about what to do with an F-14 that I'm never likely to build OOB. And the canopy and nose radome from a Tornado perhaps?

It all goes together really well and IMHO looks a lot better than BAC's original swing wing proposals!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Close. Wings and upper intake area are F-14 (My old RN Tomcat).  The intakes themselves are F-15 as Tomcat ones weren't deep enough.  Nose is, as you point out, Tonka.

100_3706 by devilfish2014, on Flickr

100_3345 by devilfish2014, on Flickr

Captain Canada

Wow....does that ever look nice ! Great use of multiple airframes. And the paint, markings and weathering look spot on.

I wish the pics were a little smaller tho so I could see the whole a/c without scrolling...but that's a minor niggle.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

McColm

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

That looks damned good: the Tonka nose really suits it.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kerick

Looks great! You really pulled it together perfectly. I'm sure some one not into military aircraft would easily think it was a model of a real aircraft.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Scooterman

Very nice as is, but I'm seeing twin fins and red stars....... :thumbsup:

McColm