A Little Rhinoplasty

Started by Gondor, September 26, 2014, 07:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Not much help on the metal parts...
But i really like the looks of this Phantom! :wub:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Just the one update photograph to show how the metal painting went and to show that all the parts are now starting to be put together.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Metal paint looks good, won't take too long to finish this, right? :wub: :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

On the home straight I hope.

A coat of Klear tonight ready for decals tomorrow morning, then it should just be a case of adding the wheels which I will Matt later and the undercarriage doors and add the stores. Should be doable by the start of Friday which is my deadline.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

I am calling this finished. There is a huge amount that "could" be done to this build but its enough for the public to see from the other side of the table so close enough  ;D

So I present to you the F-4EM used by the RAF. A Spey engined version of the F-4E to help reduce cost by increasing commonality with the Royal Navy F-4K.
The Aircraft depicted is XV462 of 17 Squadron based at RAF Bruggen during 1972 and is configured for ground attack carrying four 1,000 lb bombs and a Strike Camera.

Kits used or at least supplied parts are
Fujimi F-4M: Base Kit
Hasegawa F-4E: The separate parts forward of the windscreen from a conversion to an F-4E(S)
Italeri F-4E/G: Nose wheel doors and under nose faring
Hasegawa Weapons set: Triple Ejector Racks
Airfix BAE Hawk: 1,000 lb bombs

Decals were a mix of Model Alliance and Modeldecal

Paint Humbrol Enamel and Acrylic, Xrtracolour

Gondor

KiwiZac

I like it! That's turned out very nicely - a real "double take" build.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Beauty. Great selection of pics as well, nice to see her from all of those angles. Love the way those markings look on God`s gift to camouflage  :wub: Great job all around and the idea makes sense.

:cheers: :wub: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Yes, sir!  ;D One very good looking Phantom it is! That camo and markings looks great on it, no doubt about it! :wub:

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 16, 2015, 12:32:19 PM
Yes, sir!  ;D One very good looking Phantom it is! That camo and markings looks great on it, no doubt about it! :wub:

The only difference from reality is the F-4E nose with the M61 in it. The rest of the build is a good as I can make it.

Gondor