About the AVRO/Cierva C30 Rota

Started by maxmwill, September 26, 2014, 06:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Quote from: maxmwill on September 26, 2014, 09:35:15 PM
Well, I thought that a simple curved top with flat sides would be the most expeditious way to accomplish this. given the exigencies of a combat setting, or rough field improvisaton.

And if it were made of clear material, such as perspex, if the patient is conscious, he wouldn't be as distressed as one would be in a darkened space.

Also, being clear, a corpsman of medic could periodically check the patient for any further complications.

Basically, it'd be just a clear box that is open on one end, has a curved top, and is more than sufficiently wide, so as to not restrict or otherwise impede the patient, with a light supporting frame for the pieces to attach to.

With something like this, I'm trying to think like the mechanic that I am and come up with the simplest, yet workable solution, because all the actual medevac aircraft I've seen so far, the Bell 47, and the Sikorski R6, are basically lashed together, the framework holding the litters.

I did learn a long time ago that the Hiller OH23 Raven was used a lot more than the Bell, but for some strange reason, there are lots of pics of Bells, but none of the Hiller with patient litters on, even though they were used.

The Hiller was used in Indochine (later Vietnam) by the french, as medevac, and observation.
The photo comes from the french air museum at Le Bourget.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiller_UH-12_Raven#mediaviewer/File:Hiller_360_Musee_de_l%27Espace_P1020298.JPG
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.