slate grey mascara pencil found at cosmetic shop

Started by Allan, September 27, 2014, 11:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

this might be useful for Luftwaffe mottle over RLM 76...haven't taken it on a test drive yet
Allan

Weaver

My concerns, it being makeup, are:

a) How hard does it "set" (if at all)?

b) How does it react to clear coats of varnish/Klear etc... over the top of it?

Be interesting to see the results when you give it a go.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

c) did anyone I know see me buying it?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Actually the various stuff that forms women's makeup makes very good weathering material for modelling.

I get all Mrs_PR19's cast-offs for my model railway work, various eye-shadows and blushers make superb rust colouring, and the tans and browns are really good for mud splatter etc. I've yet to find a use for bright blues or purples though.  ;D

The really good thing about it is that the particle size is VERY small and it's just slightly sticky so when you've brushed it on it stays there until you've zapped it with a coat of spray matt varnish. I've not tried it with Klear as yet, and you'd have to spray it as brushing would just re-distribute the weathering.

I once wrote a complete article on this for a model railway magazine and the Editor asked me if he should put it in the April issue, but I assured him it was for real.  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on September 28, 2014, 04:05:13 AM
c) did anyone I know see me buying it?

Nah, I have long hair tied in a pony tail with scrunchies, so I'm used to the wierd looks as I pour over the hair accessories stand in the chemist's, trying to find a pack that's mostly black.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 28, 2014, 10:28:16 AM
I get all Mrs_PR19's cast-offs for my model railway work, various eye-shadows and blushers make superb rust colouring, and the tans and browns are really good for mud splatter etc. I've yet to find a use for bright blues or purples though.  ;D

Do a motorbike model: the blues, purples (and yellows) would be ideal for the heat discolouration on the chrome exhaust headers..... ;)

- Indiana Jones

kerick

Quote from: Weaver on September 28, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

Do a motorbike model: the blues, purples (and yellows) would be ideal for the heat discolouration on the chrome exhaust headers..... ;)

Or save them for a sci fi project. Who knows what kind of weathering warp-hyper-star drive would produce?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on September 28, 2014, 06:49:02 PM
Quote from: Weaver on September 28, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

Or save them for a sci fi project. Who knows what kind of weathering warp-hyper-star drive would produce?
Or weapons damage
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

So, did anybody else read the title as "slate grey massacre" or was that just me?  :rolleyes: ;)

- Indiana Jones